Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Just ordered my SE L Kodiaq due hopefully October....
I am a bit confused with the dash inserts and which one is which..... can anyone help.
Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome J Vincent.
Not quite sure what you mean?
My SE L has the black imitation wood dash fascia (like a BMW) with beige interior.
Enjoy the forum.
Generic pic.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Welcome J Vincent.
Not quite sure what you mean?
My SE L has the black imitation wood dash fascia (like a BMW) with beige interior.
Enjoy the forum.
Generic pic.

You call that imitation wood Colin? :lol:

Looks more like a shiny bit of carbon fibre that my two year olds scrawled on.

Edit: I've also wondered what my SE L will come with when I was looking at the configurator I got the impression that the shiny scrawled on bit of plastic was an extra.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like to think of it a stylized wood. A hint of wood without trying to look like wood. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
O.K. I'll go with 'stylized' wood :lol:
It is nowhere near as bad as it looks in the picture. I think the light has caught it badly. It is really quite innocuous.
Everybody that has been in my car thinks it is very 'upmarket' looking.
It certainly is not an option, not in the U.K. on the SE L, anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I've already found it a very useful forum from looking through the various posts/topics.

My wife doesn't like the standard dash insert in the SE L but does like the one in dash in the Edition (not that there's not much difference IMO). I see in the spec brouhure there are two choices. I wondered if any one had pics of the different ones.... believe it or not (!) the dealers didn't know the difference or have any pics.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe there is a pdf from Latvia that has the pictures of all the different trims. In essence they are:

Nano grey
Mistral (Brown simulated wood)
Mythos black (Black very simulated wood)

The scout and sportline versions then have a wood that looks like wood and carbon fibre-looking option.

Edit: here is the link. http://www.skoda.lv/files/catalog_eng/kodiaq.pdf

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Have a look on the Kodiaq configurator.
Google..... Skoda Kodiaq configurator.
(Can't copy & paste I'M afraid as I am on mobile phone)
That should give you all the options.
Unless you want everything else the Edition gives you, don't be bullied but SWMBO. Unless she wants to pay the extra of course. 😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The configurator is pretty bad - a choice of black, black or black - tbh they are quite similar but they could make it easier (i.e. Clear pictures!) when you are spending +£30k.
Over to the missus now - I'm not taking responsibility for picking the wrong one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The configurator is poor. The pdf I have linked to is also not great, but better.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
SERIOUSLY!
I would ensure you see the ACTUAL cars (if there is a difference with the dash boards) It would be lunacy to spend the extra money on the Edition just to get a prettier dashboard and even more daft to do so and end up with the SAME dashboard.
They appear to be the same SE L/Edition, on the configurator.
It is a bugga to photograph as they are so shiny. But these may help .
My SE L door trim and dashboard. Bear in mind these are close-ups. The striations are no where near as 'in your face' at normal viewing distance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the pics. We have seen the cars and given them a good once over!! As you would expect.
We are going for (deposit is down etc) an SE L but wife had a strong preference for Edition dash - not a deal breaker- all we wanted to know was if the extra dash insert you could pay for (c£125) was the edition one.... no one was 100% sure as brouchures and configurator were unclear.
Configurator, as the dealer confirmed, is not quite right when it comes down to the dash, as they appear the same but they are not....
anyway, roll on October!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
What actually is the difference between SE L & Edition dash?
I have never seen an Edition..
Glad you have put your order in. Well done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's still a gloss black dash, but not quite as lairy. The wavy pattern is a bit more subtle - the pattern is not as bright.

·
Registered
93 Posts
there seems to be 2 types of dash insert only
Mistral
Mythos
If you get the interior led pack you get the Mythos dash insert on the SE-L. Could be piano black as standard looking at the kodiak pricing specs HTH

·
Registered
137 Posts
The SE has a very similar one with a nice matt finish that doesn't show fingerprints.

It still looks very smart.

·
Registered
289 Posts
aerodynamic18 said:
there seems to be 2 types of dash insert only
Mistral
Mythos
If you get the interior led pack you get the Mythos dash insert on the SE-L. Could be piano black as standard looking at the kodiak pricing specs HTH
No there is a 3rd which exists on the S trim. Nano grey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have ordered an Edition today but haven't specified/paid for the Mythos black option which appears on the configurator. What will I get?! Seems a bit confusing looking at thread/options list/configurator...or is it just me? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts