Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kodiaq is due for delivery hopefully on the 1st of July however my current lease on my Octavia Scout would have come to an end in the 2nd week of June, however due to the Kodiaq delivery date, I have had to extend the lease by a month.

I have just had a 14 day reminder come on my Scout to advise of its first service, which would have occurred after the date I returned the car but now it is due in the extension of the lease!
It doesn't make sense for me paying £150 for the service and then only having the car for 2 more weeks prior to returning it!

Any suggestions of getting out of it apart from returning it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is there not a few weeks grace warranty wise on when you get a car serviced?

Whilst you've extended by a month, could you not ignore the service and have the lease car returned a couple of weeks "early" in sync with your Kodiaq delivery?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Speak to your dealer and explain the situation. It is not fair on you to pay for the service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoken to dealer and he said nothing can be done as it is all handled by Skoda Finance and BCA.
When speaking to Skoda Finance they advised if it is due for a service on the day, I will be liable to service it or they would not collect it....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Log a complaint with Skoda Customer Services. Has your Kodiaq been delayed? Did the dealer write an estimated delivery date on your order form and this has not been met?

If so, it is reasonable for you to ask Skoda to pay for your service as it is their delay in delivery that has caused you to require a service.

You don't get if you don't ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts