Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will all of you with the above problem, please be kind enough to PM me urgently with the name of your dealer and a contact so that my dealer can speak to them, since he has heard nothing of this problem and my drivers door is now showing signs of joining the creaky handle club.
Many thanks.
colin.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've talked with my dealer few weeks ago when arranging my leasing. The seller told me that they were having the creaky handles with the test car that I had driven in February. I asked him if they solved that problem and he said that they didn't. It looks like Skoda Slovenia is not capable of repairing such fault.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roman,
See my post in 'Faults requiring warranty claim'

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We chaps with wonky door cards should be grateful! (that is most of us isn't it?)
I chatted with the owner of the White Kodiaq in the next road to me yesterday.
The clips holding his drivers door card to the door are so useless the whole door card has come away from the door at the trailing edge and when pushed back won't stay there.
Appalling build quality!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
We chaps with wonky door cards should be grateful! (that is most of us isn't it?)
I chatted with the owner of the White Kodiaq in the next road to me yesterday.
The clips holding his drivers door card to the door are so useless the whole door card has come away from the door at the trailing edge and when pushed back won't stay there.
Appalling build quality!
Holy smokes - that's just unacceptable!!! Perhaps someone should start notifying some motor-magazines about this to help tune in Skodas attention to this...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Appalling build quality!
Same problem here. Driver's door card clip broken so there's quite a gap between the armrest and rest of the door card. Waiting for new parts and repair under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bikebert.
It is Not the handle on my neighbours car coming away from the card. It is the WHOLE card coming away from the door itself.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The build quality is highly suspect and I am disappointed by it. My door cards are okay, but I have the creaking handles issue.

I've gone round detailing my car and have noticed different sized external panel gaps and asymmetrical sized joins in the interior trim. My driver metal footplate is not aligned to the chassis and to top it off, the leather trim on one of the seats has started to peel away.

I'm giving Skoda one more chance to fix issues before I go and reconsider my position.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes and no BikeBert !
Yes they need a firm pull to close, from outside as well as in.
No, I don't think (in my case at least) that has anything to do with the creaking, that's because the plastic is too flexible and in 2 parts on the handle.
My other problem, with armrest gaps, is lack of build quality/care.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, no probs closing from inside or outside. Have you tried adjusting the striker plate?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll take some pics for you tomorrow. You will need some tools.
Probably torx drives.
Look back in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BEFORE YOU PLAY WITH THE STRIKER PLATE..............
Open a window fully and then close the door with the normal force you would use. if the door closes easily then it is NOT the striker plate maladjustment it is the air pressure inside the car. If this is the case, there is nothing you can do about it!
If, however, the same problem persisits with the window open, proceed with the adjustment if you feel competent enough.
Here is pic of driver's door striker plate. If you loosen the torx bolts it will slide backwards and forwards. They must not be too loose and minimal movement only then tweak them up and try the door.
You just have to keep fiddling until you get it right. REMEMBER TO TIGHTEN THE BOLTS FULLY BEFORE YOU DRIVE AGAIN once the correct adjustment has been found.!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why do this at all by yourself? Get it to your dealer if you want to keep the warranty...

JoHn

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well, 1. it won't invalidate the warranty (unless you break or damage something).
2. You have to book in when the dealers have a convenient slot, wait around for at least 1/2 hour etc.
Fine if you have the time and patience ;)

I will add, before you begin, use some masking tape to mark striker plate position all around, and pencil on tape to mark any positions that improve things.
Keep an eye on door gaps in all 3 directions on any adjustments.

It may be they are adjusted fine already, closing does need a firm push/pull, they are quite heavy doors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
@Colin - thanks a lot for the info. I'll check and report back.
I think/hope the air pressure inside the car is not the problem here. I would rather suspect rubber seals, they're pretty thick and there's a lot of them all around the door which is good for keeping the water out but then causes problems with door closing in a gentle manner. I'm used to my old Clio where I just could slightly push/pull the door and they closed without problem. You actually had to be careful not to use excessive force so as not to hear big THUMP. Anyways, every time I slam my door in Kodiaq I can almost hear the door card saying: "please, be more gentle". :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts