Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kodiaq is almost ideal for my Needs and I really look Forward to a test drive soon. As always, nothing is perfect and here are a few small tweaks I wish would be possible in the configuration (just in case Skoda is listening):
- Ability to specify the Manual passenger seat that folds down at the same time as having the electric Drivers seat.
- Isofix in the third row
- An alternative to that terrible fake plastic Wood-grain trim. Brushed Aluminium in top spec maybe?
- Choice of a black Roof liner
- Some brighter paint colours. What happened to the light green of the Vision S?

But that's really nit picking.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Nit pick away old bean!
Don't hold your breath for a test drive! Dealers won't have demos until 6th April at the earliest as far as I am aware. Week 9 builds (mine & others) will be with dealers end of March but rumour has it that dealers are banned from registering any Kodiaqs before 6th April (launch)
I'm sorry but I can't answer any of you questions. Fake plastic wood is the same pattern as a £40k BMW.430 so I'll put up with it. Although, being old fashioned, I would prefer real wood.
Black roof liner?? don't forget the glass area is smaller than the Yeti and is going 'Audiesque'. Each unto his own, but one of the reasons I didn't buy a Q was I don't want to drive cocooned in a bat cave! :lol: To such a degree, I have ordered £1150 worth of panoramic roof.
Haven't a clue about 'anklebiter' seat mounts in the third row, nor the electric driver and foldable front passenger seat. You will have to ask your dealer if the answer is not on the configurator. Sorry.
My biggest moan about the Kodiaq is the cock-up of a launch, the delay in demonstrators and worst of all this brilliant new Flagship car with the boring old out of date, tired colour palette. I too would have LOVED the green of the Vision S and ordered it with out hesitation. But I had to put up with sludge err sorry JUNGLE green!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I learnt a few things from the order process on mine. a SE L2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG in Petrol Blue. Full black leather.

On launch night the lady cheerleader says, 'Order tonight and we include the Canton sound system' I went back the next day and it was still included as was the space saver spare wheel. Although the dealer did not know that.

I wanted the electric retracting tow hook @ £708 . found out later that this includes the Trailer assist that is otherwise listed separately on the configuration @£900.

A heated Windscreen includes the heated washers.
I spent the 'saving' on the Dynamic chassis control!
Nobody could tell me exactly what this dose but as I was forced to have the 19" wheels I was a bit concerned about a over 'sporty' ride.
Other than having to have the 3rd row that I did not want I am fairly happy .

Any one know if the sat nav has UK speed camera audio alert?
Can the speed read out be easily changed to MPH/KPH? on crossing the Chanel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@ RCRCRC
My Superb shows kph permanently under the speedo so am hoping the Kodiaq will do the same somewhere.
I ordered the towbar but not aware of the trailer assist being included (presume not reverse assist?).
Apparently the Canton upgrade and spare wheel are for retails sales only not business :-( so she was wrong to say it was just on the night offer.
I too wanted to 'downgrade' from 19" to 18" on my SE L but you can't do it. Am interested in tyre wall size as my Superb has 18" and lowish profiles and the ride is a tad hard.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
SE L and Edition have ride selection as standard. Reports say that it is very comfortable.

·
Registered
314 Posts
grahamterry1000 said:
@ RCRCRC
My Superb shows kph permanently under the speedo so am hoping the Kodiaq will do the same somewhere.
I ordered the towbar but not aware of the trailer assist being included (presume not reverse assist?).
Apparently the Canton upgrade and spare wheel are for retails sales only not business :-( so she was wrong to say it was just on the night offer.
I too wanted to 'downgrade' from 19" to 18" on my SE L but you can't do it. Am interested in tyre wall size as my Superb has 18" and lowish profiles and the ride is a tad hard.
Is your Superb a MKII?

The MKIII Superb has the large digital MPH display which can be changed to KPH.
I have had a MKII Elegance (on 18" wheels) and currently have a MKIII L&K (on 19" wheels) and the MKIII drives much nicer than the MKII and is more comfortable, the Kodiaq will also use 235/50/19" tyres (compared to the 235/40/19" on the MKIII Superb) meaning there will be much more sidewall = comfort.

Colin Lambert said:
SE L and Edition have ride selection as standard. Reports say that it is very comfortable.
What is the ride selection?
I thought the only adjustable suspension was the DCC?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
Colin Lambert said:
What is the ride selection?
I thought the only adjustable suspension was the DCC?
Driving Mode Selection

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ah right so just the steering, DSG, ACC, AC, etc personalisation (eco / normal / sport)

I thought for a moment with it being called 'ride selection' it was connected to the suspension stiffness (as in DCC).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks Zach, beat me to it!
I probably got the name wrong sorry.
I should't be in such a hurry to answer!
I have heard it said on one of the video reviews that the difference in RIDE selection is hardly noticeable apart from the steering getting heavier and more direct but the hardening up of the suspension is not that great. Don't quote me , it is just what one of the reviewers said.
Personally I didn't bother. It doesn't pretend to be a sports car. I expect that the softer suspension will make the road holding not as good as the Yeti, which for an upright 'brick' is unbelievably good. Almost as good as my old MX5.

http://www.skoda.ie/models/hotspotdetail?HotspotName=E24+-+Driving+Mode+Selection+%5BA7%5D&Page=technology&WebID=77a9b68d-fcb5-45aa-bf28-821b543a2b75

·
Registered
314 Posts
The DCC on my Superb has quite a big difference when going between comfort and sport, certainly enough for me to want it again.
Maybe the car those reporters drove did not have the full fat DCC?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
The DCC on my Superb has quite a big difference when going between comfort and sport, certainly enough for me to want it again.
Maybe the car those reporters drove did not have the full fat DCC?
No idea. I've been in a B8 Passat Alltrack with DCC and the differences were very clear so I'd be disappointed if the Kodiaq doesn't change the suspension much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
All the salesmen were supposed to go on the test drive day in Barcelona before launch.
When I asked the big sales team at Hughes-Aylesbury on launch night if DCC made any difference they all said we don't know, just left it as it was and drove into the mountains. Fairly useless!

The best test I have found is
He explains just about everything at some length.

Also a friend who has just bought a Toyota Prious (75mpg btw!) asked me how the regenerative braking works. Where dose it regenerate to?
I googled it and found little more than it turned down the load on the alternator on braking and over run. Any one know better?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Yes the Autogefeuhl review by Thomas is the Best of all of them, I use it as my 'bible for answering a lot of questions on here.(I put it on here a couple of months ago. Probably buried by now!)
Regen braking puts electricity back into the battery of a hybrid or battery car. But don't ask me how it works.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Regen braking puts electricity back into the battery of a hybrid or battery car. But don't ask me how it works.

Yes,but where dose it go on a Kodiaq? ! No propulsion motors and no propulsion battery.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Yes the Autogefeuhl review by Thomas is the Best of all of them, I use it as my 'bible for answering a lot of questions on here.(I put it on here a couple of months ago. Probably buried by now!)
Yes I totally agree with you that Autogefeuhl review by Thomas is the Best.... Great amount of detail in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts