Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Edition, petrol blue, 2.0TSi DSG, pano roof, Canton
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I bought an 18 plate Edition last week and have been finding the inside of the windows including the windscreen wet with condensation in the morning. I’ve never had this with any previous car. Does anyone else have this issue? What can be the cause and fix?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well it normally means there's a source of moisture inside the car that will evaporate during the day and then condense on the cold surface of the inside of the glass.

There are a few instances of people reporting damp/wet carpets in the footwells, particularly the front. Normally associated with blocked water drains the other side of the A pillar, around the base of the windscreen. Worth seeing if these drain water properly.

Just a thought and might help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it normally means there's a source of moisture inside the car that will evaporate during the day and then condense on the cold surface of the inside of the glass.

There are a few instances of people reporting damp/wet carpets in the footwells, particularly the front. Normally associated with blocked water drains the other side of the A pillar, around the base of the windscreen. Worth seeing if these drain water properly.

Just a thought and might help?
Thank you, I’ll have a look there. I’ve been wondering if it’s as simple as that it had a valet just before I collected it and the mats were still wet. I replaced them with rubber ones but it’s possible the carpets are still wet underneath. Hopefully it’s something straight forward like that, which will be easy to fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, do you happen to have a Panoramic Sunroof on the car? If so, I would suggest starting there. Leaks are very common, most dealers try to fob you off and put it down to blocked drain holes. If you do a bit of research online it doesn’t take long to realize this is a design flaw on the Webasto sunroofs flitted to most VAG vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Luckily I no longer have the issue so think it was down to the mats being very wet from when they washed the car inside and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Luckily I no longer have the issue so think it was down to the mats being very wet from when they washed the car inside and out.
Yeah in my experience whenever I get inside condensation is either the mats (wife's side :LOL:, she doesn't mind keeping them dry as me) or sunroof leaks. Good for you solving this :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts