Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have an SE L with an MY17 (the one with the knobs) Columbus system.

Having some problems with the unit. It seems laggy in some ways. The user interface is super slick. However two important areas of lag are:

1. In Sat Nav - it's as if it's only updating the car's position every 10 seconds or so. As you can imagine, this causes problems just before/ just after turnings. It also sometimes says "off road" when on the motorway. I've checked the satellites - it's says it's got about 9 or 10 locked, so that isn't the problem.

2. In parking sensors - it sometimes seems to update only every 2 seconds or so - not much use when your creeping forward to go from "you're miles away" to "you and the wall are now one" on the display.

Anyone else seen this sort of behaviour? I can see a trip to the dealers in my future...

Anyone know how to do a full reset of the system? Tried holding power down for 15s when the unit was off and when the unit was on (with the ignition on), but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paymaster said:
Paymaster said:
And, please excuse me butting in, how do you navigate to a Postcode?
Bump
Sorry for the level of unhelpfulness on this - I just go to new destination and type the postcode in and it works - it's a bit odd though - it can give you several different addresses for the same postcode to choose from.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, as said, go to new destination and type the post code. I've not had any issues with either the sat nav of the parking sensors, although I must admit, I mostly use Android Auto and Google maps. Have only used Columbus twice for maps. Why don't you use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bigboss said:
Yes, as said, go to new destination and type the post code. I've not had any issues with either the sat nav of the parking sensors, although I must admit, I mostly use Android Auto and Google maps. Have only used Columbus twice for maps. Why don't you use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
I'm an Android man myself. Yes, thanks for the suggestion, that would be a good work around for any sat nav issues. However, as you can imagine, I'm a bit miffed to have spent a lot of dosh on a new car and for any part of it to not work properly!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've found the basic columbus functionality great and not used Android auto except initially to play with it.
The maps seem to be fine and accurate, there should be an update sometime in the year.
If you have not got skoda connect then I guess Google maps would be advantageous to get the traffic info

Normally you can do a soft reset by pressing and holding down one of the knobs for up to ten seconds, other than that you can do a factory reset via the settings menu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello - Fixed!

Tried reset using power button and factory reset to no avail.

Took it to the dealers - was a bit worried - the technician said it was the first Kodiaq he'd worked on. Anyway - they did a factory reset of GPS module - apparently GPS calibration had been done incorrectly at factory - and away we go.

Slowness of parking sensors also fixed. I can only assume that the incorrect GPS position threw everything out a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone else noticed a lag in the reversing sensors? Mine are a bit and wondering if that is just the way they are?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drew said:
Has anyone else noticed a lag in the reversing sensors? Mine are a bit and wondering if that is just the way they are?
I think it might just be the way they are - I've also noticed that they come on on the display, but don't make an audible warning until you're a bit closer. Must remind myself to park slooooowly!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Talking about the radio in the Canton system. I have had many XTrails and could switch the radio off without the satnav turning off as well. With the Canton system the only way to drive using satnav (and you do not wish to have the radio on).....is to turn down the volume to zero. Very frustrating. Anyone else thinks the system is awkward?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Robert said:
Talking about the radio in the Canton system. I have had many XTrails and could switch the radio off without the satnav turning off as well. With the Canton system the only way to drive using satnav (and you do not wish to have the radio on).....is to turn down the volume to zero. Very frustrating. Anyone else thinks the system is awkward?
Same on Columbus.....bluddy stupid! :roll:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nope. This is not just a radio. And it is not just a navi. It is an infotainment system. An in-car computer that combines multiple functionality. You are actually turning off the infotainment system. On 9.2" Columbus you just tap on ON/OFF button (actually it is a capacitive area) and it automatically mutes.

If X-Trail can play radio with navi turned off then those functions are not connected at all.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Today I drove my family to Menges hut and when I was leaving the highway near Domzale, the navi just froze. Actually the infotainment system worked but my bear's position was not updating. I just re-choses to the same destination and it continued working then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Robert said:
The manual states
Font Number Document Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts