Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Kodiaq's manual is not updated yet but I've checked new Octavia's one to see what the new Columbus brings.

For a starter, there is a home screen.

And Media Command is now supported also in Columbus so you can stream movies to up to two tablets while driving even on the most expensive navi for Kodiaq.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have found the Navi to be excellent. Big screen for route planning, which can then be ditched to do other stuff while the mini screen in front of steering wheel gives adequate driving guidance.

Any more advice/observations on the Columbus gratefully received.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What build week do they start using this new one

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm currently down for week 19 and am considering the same!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine was week 14 and if ild been told I would have waited. Wtf do you bring out a new model, and then upgrade it a month or 2 after official release, penalising early orders

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Only thing I don't like about the new 9.2" screen is the lack of volume knob

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does the existing system do the wifi streaming to tablet thing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've ordered a uk SEL , so it has Columbus

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
BigfootW said:
What build week do they start using this new one
Most major updates are done from week 22 (when the new Model Year comes out)
Do we know what they are apart from the 9.2" Columbus system?

·
Registered
503 Posts
BigfootW said:
Does the existing system do the wifi streaming to tablet thing
The info about that side of things is vague to say the least. But I did spec media command with my car, so in theory it should if you have that option.
I presume it will work the same on apple or android phones ?
From what I can see its mainly a bigger screen with the same functionality as current Columbus ?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Availability of sleeping package? That should be all. No big changes.

Oh, yes. I've almost forgot. The price has been increased for 675 eur (but Skoda was merciful to the basic equipment for marketing reasons I guess).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, streaming works with up to two iOS/Android tablets/smartphones but divx files will be shown only on Android. I wonder if DVD can be streamed, too? It is great if you have two kids and you want to entertain them while driving. It would be even better if sound would be 'streamed' to Canton sound system.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't think I specced media command, as there was literally no info about any of the tech

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've noticed that the 9.2" display has the same height as the 8" one. In the case of using the home screen, navi part takes 7" diagonal. I am adding 1:1 scheme for comparison. Many thanks to Mr. Pythagoras.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for update on this. I prefer the 2 dial set up (other than the power on sign doesn't stay pointing up at all times). It is easier to twist a dial when on the move to make selections than poke at a touchscreen.

On the media systems, my dealer tells me their SE orders are being delayed due to a lack of Amundsen units.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts