Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having picked up a brochure from the dealer today the Business Grey metallic is darker than the Quartz Grey metallic while on the configurator the Quartz is shown darker than the Business. I am looking to confirm order through a broker and need to finalise spec.

Are these regular Skoda colours? Does anyone know which is darker? I don't like surprises; I would rather go for the Moon White than be kept guessing.

Also, what is the "Children's pack" option? It is mentioned in postings but I don't see it in the configurator.

Thanks for any advice.
WeeCobi

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Quartz is darker IRL.

The Children's pack (option code PXC in the UK) is supposed to have electronic child locks and roller blinds for the rear passenger windows. However, a few markets have another variation for leatherette on the backrest of the front seats where the seats are full cloth. It's also not always called the Children's pack eg. UK.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I would ignore the configurator colours. they are miles adrift of the real thing.
Nip down to you nearest Skoda dealer and ask to see the colour swatches and/or an Octavia or Superb in both the colours you are considering.
Or , to save you the trouble, because I am SUCH a nice chap!! ;) here are the two colours on Superbs.
Business grey here.

And Quartz here!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I find quartz a lovely colour as soon as a ray of sunshine hits it... hence the problem... it's quite dull most of the time. But it hides dirt well.

Went to a dealer, and looked at many cars in various colours and ended up changing from Petrol/Lava blue (my second 'first choice') to jungle green... Not as impressive in sunlight, but much more liveable on a day-to-day basis, throws some goldish reflexion in the sun, and turns much metallic grey in the dull winter sunlight...

Then again, taste and colours... no right no wrong, just personal stuff :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I don't like the greys, on a dark wet evening they blend into the tarmac. Very dangerous.
My current Yeti is Petrol blue (lava) and in the bright sunlight it is fantastic. But since we are devoid of sun so frequently here it looks almost black. So since Skoda are so stupid as to not bother to produce any nice new colours for their flagship model, I have gone back to Jungle green, which was the colour of my last Yeti. Good for not showing the dirt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts