Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is one of skoda's most highly prized secrets so if I told you, I'd have to kill you. Luckily, like everything else skoda does, I don't know myself and neither do any of their representatives. I ordered in december and have a corrida red one on the way, but I understand a slightly different shade of red will be along shortly. Whenever skoda feels like it. Potential customers will naturally, be the last to know.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I know why you can't have Corrida red or Jungle green anymore.
'Cos Skoda like annoying their customers? :lol: waits for all the early adopters to place their orders and then changes their minds a and pi**e* everyone off by moving the goal posts. I will repeat (ad nauseam) I just do NOT understand why Skoda bring out the top of the range 'Hero Car' (that's a stupid, childish name if ever there was one!) and leaves all the boring, old, tired colours for the actual customers. They produced the Vision S in a fantastic pearly green (which I would have had like a shot) and the lime greeny/yellow thing that I would NOT have had, but at least it's different.

Skoda have learnt their lesson eventually regarding door mirrors. You can now retract them at any speed (that I have tried) and not the ridiculous, annoying and dangerous max of 9mph. Perhaps they will eventually get their a*ses in gear and make the front 12V socket ignition controlled. Not holding my breath!
I'm still in love though! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies, seems such a shame as in my view stunning vehicle in corrida red, colleague just taken delivery of hers.

I wondered if it had anything to do with the "Sportline" model due in 2018?

·
Registered
617 Posts
No, the reason Skoda customer service gave me is that it is being replaced by velvet red. Even I had originally booked corrida red, but they called me next day to ask me to choose another colour.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Today I've seen a Kodiaq in velvet red for the first time. My dealer promised he would let me know when one was in the garage, and he was good to his word.

Unfortunately - I don't like it! It's very bright, very similar to the old corrida red but metallic. I'm sure some people will like it, but for me it's just that bit too bright for such a big car. I still have loads of time until my car is built, so I will probably be changing my order to lava blue.

I've always liked red cars, but I prefer darker red. I love the flamenco red of my 2005 Octavia. I like the way the velvet red is shown on Skoda's Netherlands configurator, but I can now confirm that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the actual colour. I would have liked a deep red like seems to be available for the Discovery Sport and for most Mazdas, but velvet red is not a deep red. Shame.

Lava blue is a great colour too and it will be fine for me, but there are loads of them around here already so it certainly won't stand out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just changed my order to lava blue. While I was at it I was given a build week of BW26 2018 (end of June). Still a long time to go...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've ordered Velvet Red for the replacement, I was disappointed with Petrol Blue as it was much darker than the configurator or brochure

·
Registered
49 Posts
andyvee said:
I've ordered Velvet Red for the replacement, I was disappointed with Petrol Blue as it was much darker than the configurator or brochure
And I was disappointed with Velvet Red as it was much brighter than the configurator or brochure! The moral of the story is not to trust the configurator, the brochure or those little coloured spheres the dealers have.

I still wish there was a proper dark red, though. :|

·
Registered
407 Posts
Estophilux said:
andyvee said:
And I was disappointed with Velvet Red as it was much brighter than the configurator or brochure! The moral of the story is not to trust the configurator, the brochure or those little coloured spheres the dealers have.

I still wish there was a proper dark red, though. :|
I agree.
I park next to a Superb at work sometimes that is the same Petrol Blue, manufactured in the same factory as the Kodiaq, and built 2 weeks later than mine and the colour is lighter.

There appears to be a bit of 'variance' in the colours.

I don't mind a brighter red TBH - you didn't happen to get a photo did you as I am yet to see the colour in the flesh!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with Andy, I test drove the Petrol Blue, and it the colour had no resemblance to brochure colour in my opinion. I needed car urgently so happy to accept either Black or either silver, as not a factory order. Delighted Black was first one offered in spec I needed. The black looks great when clean, and being semi retired I have plenty of time to get the Autoglym gear out and make it look top banana.

·
Registered
49 Posts
andyvee said:
I don't mind a brighter red TBH - you didn't happen to get a photo did you as I am yet to see the colour in the flesh!
Yes, I did. It's not 100% accurate as the camera on my phone struggles with red anyway, but it'll give you a bit of an idea. In my opinion it is very, very similar to the old corrida red, just slightly more metallic.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow - if you hadn't told me I would have thought it was Corrida Red!
That is nothing like the colour in the brochure, on the configurator etc.

Doesn't bother me though - I like it and I haven't paid any extra for it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Really fancied the velvet red, but not at a £900 extra!! So plumped for petrol blue after seeing it in the flesh.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
andyvee said:
Wow - if you hadn't told me I would have thought it was Corrida Red!
That is nothing like the colour in the brochure, on the configurator etc.

Doesn't bother me though - I like it and I haven't paid any extra for it.
It just looks a bit 'blue-er' than Corrida to me.
I hope Father Christmas brings you a nice firemans helmet! :lol:
Seriously though....
My next door neighbour, 'Watch Manager' Fireman, has just taken delivery of his unmarked Tucson complete with Bs&Ts I sent him the details of the 280BHP Special services edition Kodiaq. He won't admit it, but I think he may be a tiny bit p'd off!

·
Registered
407 Posts
markymate said:
Really fancied the velvet red, but not at a £900 extra!! So plumped for petrol blue after seeing it in the flesh.
£900 extra - where has that come from?

·
Registered
97 Posts
andyvee said:
markymate said:
£900 extra - where has that come from?
I know, even the salesman was gob smacked. The £900 extra is for vehicles up to and including the SE L. It's £345 extra if you order the Scout, Sportline or Edition, as they come with metallic paint. Looks like Skoda don't won't us to have a red car!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
That makes sense, you have to pay the £555 for metallic than the £345 for the Exclusive colour

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is interested, there's a nice video on Facebook of a Red Velvet Kodiaq. It can be seen at Michael Moore Skoda.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts