Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

The Kodiaq is going to be quite a change from my current 125D M-Sport ,however I'd had enough of rattling my teeth in pot holes and getting deafened by tyre noise

My Kodiaq is a metallic black SE L with a few extras and the 1.4 TSI ACT DSG engine / gearbox

The car is going to be quite a bit slower than what I'm accustomed too however based on what I've read and experienced on a short test drive the Kodiaq is quiet, comfortable and well equipped with a better turn of speed than one might imagine. I'm increasingly finding that the average speed of most journey's is around 35mph - our roads are so crowded that you can't often exploit high performance so you might as well be comfortable

My last few cars have been diesel's and while it fits the load lugging nature of the Kodiaq I believe that the swell of anti diesel will continue and result in higher costs - ie suppress used values and increase the cost of diesel.

Anyway, I'm both excited and equally nervous about picking up my Kodiaq, fingers etc are crossed that I'm as delighted with the car as many on this forum

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome

I'm in Swindon and also have more or less exactly the same car as you. Done 1200 miles so far and very pleased with it. Mostly town driving so far, with 23mph and 33mpg average over 52 hours.

Enjoy!
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve

Thanks for the mpg info, thats quite encouraging for around town. I shall let you now how i get on

thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Collected the car today, very quiet engine which moves the Kodiaq along very effectively. Suspension is a mixed bag, nicely damped then a bit thump thump, also a couple of minor rattles - mostly from parcel shelf. Feels a bit cheap in places but its good value overall for sure.

Just doesn't feel as solid as my previous BMW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tyres were over inflated, 3.1 bar, 45psi all round! Now back at 2.4 bar, riding much better

·
Registered
159 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. There is a firmness to the ride, but it's worth it for the good handling compared to some of its rivals.

I find the alcantara seats quite stiff so hopefully they'll soften and absorb a bit more of the road in future!

I don't think the parcel shelf (or any other fittings) should be rattling, so if it doesn't settle down then tell the dealer about it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 1.4 tsi DSG, in SE trim but with full leather and Canton, etc. I can honestly say it's the most relaxing yet involving car I've driven, including some so-called prestige cars when I worked for an Earl.

Mpg varies between 39 and 46, and I drive it to keep up, or slightly ahead of, other traffic. Also it's been 100% reliable from the start, as was its predecessor, a 1.8 L&K Yeti.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts