Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Irish spec Ambition 2.0 TDI DSG. I had added the Children's pack as an option. That's supposed to be "Roller blinds for rear side windows" + "Electrically operated child locks". My Kodiaq arrived last week and while I'm delighted with I find that I have the blinds but not electric child locks. The Dealer is looking into it but I see that you can't even pick the Children's pack with the fabric seats on the configurator anymore.

Anybody have this combination or any insights?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't see why the two would be related. I've got the children's pack with leather and have the blinds and the 2 locking buttons near the drivers window controls

·
Registered
29 Posts
When did you order it??

As could have changed between MY17 and MY18 configuration, as on the Mainland when I was ordering mine end of May / Beginning of June, I noticed pricing difference and options included in the MY18 from what the MY17 had included.

The dealer was working on the MY17 as thats what the computer was saying, and I had the MY18 brochure in my hand which showed different.

Some options were not included on the MY17 which were now included on the MY18 without an extra charge from the 1st June. An example is, for the Edition model that I ordered, which would have had a cost on the MY17:

Technology Pack
Electric Front Seats

I sat down with the dealer to order the car on the 29th May, but he didn't place the order until the 1st June for the changes to take effect and have the MY18 model.

In relation to your question, when you ordered the car it could have been included on the MY17, but you had a MY18 build which may no longer have had it included. Assuming you have a MY18 now. Although things were added from what i could see not taken away.

I also have the Child's pack on mine, which adds the blinds and locks. Although in the brochure there are 2 different child packs, and what you get depends on the model you ordered.

From the UK June brochure:

For SE model - £245

Children's pack includes manual roller blinds for rear side windows, bin in door panel, electric child lock, artificial leather for front seat backrests. Only available in combination with fabric upholstery in Toscana.

For SE L and Edition - £175

Children's pack includes manual roller blinds for rear side windows, bin in door panel and electric child lock.

Although they both have the option for the locks, could be different configuration for Ireland. I may be wrong, and it could purely be that Skoda have messed up. But worth looking into?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just looking at the brochure again, you can order just the blinds on their own and is available for all models except the S. Could this have been the case, hence why you didn't get the locks.

You would have to compare the model from Ireland to UK models. Its actually more expensive to have the blinds on their own, compared to the Children's pack. For me would have been £200 on their own, compared to £175 for the blinds, locks and bin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's a MY17 / MY18 thing alright. I ordered in March but it was actually built in BW29. There used to multiple Children's packs in the configurator now there only seems to be one for toscana or leather. If you have cloth selected and try to choose the children's pack you get this :
View attachment 566

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I picked children's pack and noticed it did say you needed to pick half leather or full leather. Skoda Ireland configurator .
That was April 2017.

Ordered dsg 2.0 Tdi 7 seat ambition with half leather and children pack.
Ordered 21 April and still awaiting a production week Ireland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts