Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Central locking problem

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Marinfullsuss 
#1 ·
So I seem to have a problem with my central locking.

I have set the locking profile to "Doors on vehicle side", however, with either the remote key or using KESSY it only opens the drivers door(the rear driver side is still locked), any ideas?

#2 ·
I've set for all doors to open. Maybe the vehicle side means driver's door only (can't remember the settings).

#3 ·
I think Bog Boss is correct. Drivers door only on that setting (trying to remember from Yeti days as I too have all doors locking/unlocking.)

#4 ·
Pretty sure there are 3 settings now:

Drivers door
Driver side doors
all doors.

Are you sure you are using the 'correct' key as the settings is personalised to the key that is being used at the time of changing a setting.

#5 ·
You set whatever setting you want for a single grab on the door handle. If you want all doors unlocked, grab (but don't pull) the handle twice.

#6 ·
I only have been using my master key everytime. I have the 3 settings as mentioned above, but like I said, if I select 'Driver side doors' it only unlocks the actual drivers door. I have opted for 'all doors for now'. Scenario being arriving at work and grabbing laptop from rear driver side door.

note - I do have elec child locks 'on' but that should only prevent opening from inside.

#7 ·
Even though I've set all doors to be unlocked, I can unlock it only by grabbing the driver's or passenger's door (front doors only). I believe the sensors are only located on front doors, to unlock and lock.

#8 ·
I have the basic remote key control. One press of unlock button unlocks driver's door only. Two presses USUALLY has no further effect - a 3rd press is nearly always needed to unlock remaining 3 doors and boot. Every now and then, however, two presses will unlock all 5 doors!! Anyone know what's going on? TVM.

#9 ·
bigboss said:
Even though I've set all doors to be unlocked, I can unlock it only by grabbing the driver's or passenger's door (front doors only). I believe the sensors are only located on front doors, to unlock and lock.
Correct.

#10 ·
Marinfullsuss said:
I have the basic remote key control. One press of unlock button unlocks driver's door only. Two presses USUALLY has no further effect - a 3rd press is nearly always needed to unlock remaining 3 doors and boot. Every now and then, however, two presses will unlock all 5 doors!! Anyone know what's going on? TVM.
Why don't you change settings to unlock all doors and boot with one press?

#11 ·
Marinfullsuss wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Why don't you change settings to unlock all doors and boot with one press?
Is it a security thing? That is, only the door nearest you, will unlock? Probably not important though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.