Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies is this is in the wrong place (please move if so).
It's just a reminder to everyone to make sure you get several quotes and to use more than one comparison site.

Two comparison sites have quoted me over £230 of a difference in their best prices. The disturbing thing is that they're mostly using the same insurers.

These screenshots are genuine and both have been quoted on exactly the same parameters for me. I've always been on the ball with things like this but the difference in quotes here is a real eye opener!

·
Registered
617 Posts
What's that "price cut"? Was that a sale?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigboss said:
What's that "price cut"? Was that a sale?
I'm not sure, I've not really looked at it. That's the same esure policy that the other site wants to sell me for £880 though!

·
Registered
503 Posts
As fotomuppet now disallow third party hosting, I cant see your pics.
Which compare site came out best ?
I generally use compare the market, tried Aviva Direct but no difference once you added on no claims, legal, etc.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Savage said:
As fotomuppet now disallow third party hosting, I cant see your pics.
Which compare site came out best ?
I generally use compare the market, tried Aviva Direct but no difference once you added on no claims, legal, etc.
The Skodiaq was £230 or so cheaper on moneysupermarket than it was on meerkat. My Nissan is cheaper on meerkat.

For some reason Sheila and esure cost £540 more on meerkat than they do in supermarket. Seems really nawty to me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well just goes to show, as I suspect, they pluck the figures out of the air :lol:
But just tried supermarket, and same 2 lowest quotes and same price.
But my current insurer is out of the running on both, and is £30 more on supermarket than meerkat !
Come renewal looks like it will cost me £290 with full cover inc legal, protected NCB and no vol excess (£200 compulsory).
That's with max no claims etc, gone are the days of the sub £200 premiums I used to get :( they went out of the window about 20 months ago.

When we insured the missus car, we were quoted £10 more if we parked it in a locked garage than if we parked it on the street, from the same firm :?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Savage said:
Well just goes to show, as I suspect, they pluck the figures out of the air :lol:
But just tried supermarket, and same 2 lowest quotes and same price.
But my current insurer is out of the running on both, and is £30 more on supermarket than meerkat !
Come renewal looks like it will cost me £290 with full cover inc legal, protected NCB and no vol excess (£200 compulsory).
That's with max no claims etc, gone are the days of the sub £200 premiums I used to get :( they went out of the window about 20 months ago.

When we insured the missus car, we were quoted £10 more if we parked it in a locked garage than if we parked it on the street, from the same firm :?
They're just thieves basically. I lost 7 years no claims because I never kept a car for just over 2 years. I'm back to 3 years on my next renewal but it doesn't look a jot different to last year.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Savage said:
I think it varies. I have a sub £200 premium for the first time in a long while.

·
Registered
181 Posts
MoominPapa said:
Savage said:
I think it varies. I have a sub £200 premium for the first time in a long while.
I agree .. just had Aviva quote me £175 fully comp for my 2 yr old Octavia Estate doing 15k mpa .. and doing it via Quidco for £60 cash back... so £115 for the year ( or until the K arrives) .. bargain !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts