Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Kodiaq with Canton Sound system. I can't find out much about how much extra you get i the car for the additional £400 you pay. i know that its used in other Skodas, but having never owned one before I don't know what the original sound system was a like and what you get for the additional £400 and was it worth it?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Sorry, can't help you very much I think it may have more speakers. I must admit that having had 4 Skodas, Fabia estate (pretty basic) and 3 Yetis from 13, 14 & 14 plates, I have always found the standard fit sound kit more than adequate. Personally I would not spend that amount of money on it, but I admit I am not a huge user of any sound system.
If you decide, having checked it out, that it is not worth it, you may be able to cancel it as they are not starting U.K. builds until 2017 week 6.
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385903-canton-sound-system-worth-it/

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer confirmed it's an upgrade from 8 to 11 speakers. 10 +1 subwoofer. Listened to it in a superb. And it was superb. Dealer said if you do like your music (rather than just radio) it's worth it. He then offered it to me!!!! So hey ho I took it!!!!

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Also depends on your source music, Spotify streaming is not that great so you might not get the full benefit of the audio upgrade when using that.

In other cars I've had the upgraded audio systems for a similar cost and they've always been worth it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Rob said:
Also depends on your source music, Spotify streaming is not that great so you might not get the full benefit of the audio upgrade when using that.

In other cars I've had the upgraded audio systems for a similar cost and they've always been worth it.
I have Spotify premium set on 320kpbs ogg vorbis, which is higher quality than 320kbps. Sounds better than almost all sources (CD lossless) but with road noise and whatever you don't hear the difference really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts