Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

For all the people that have the Canton Sound System in their delivered Kodiaq, can you please post reviews on the system? It'd be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd also be interested in feedback from anyone with the standard sound system to see if Canton is worth paying extra for!

Got my test drive tomorrow in a car with Canton so will see.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I am not a great listener to the radio, but we did have it on radio 3 coming home yesterday. I would say that the quality is superb & if you Turn up the volume full with the windows up you might crack them :lol: . If you carry dogs in the back, be careful. The sub woofer lives in the spare wheel and being serious you could damage their ears. The volume is tremendous.
Canton is far better than any in car system I have had previously. If you are into in car entertainment I would consider it seriously.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Colin.....that's another £400 you've cost me 😩👍

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Sprower said:
Thanks Colin.....that's another £400 you've cost me 😩👍
Sorry!
He who hesitates is lost.
You would have got it free of you'd ordered in February ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've just had another test drive today. Had Canton on and I'm not that impressed. Yes it has volume, but clarity is missing. It's all a bit muddy. I have been spoilt by my last trio of cars though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered in feb, but it wasn't free to contract hire

·
Registered
36 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I am not a great listener to the radio, but we did have it on radio 3 coming home yesterday. I would say that the quality is superb & if you Turn up the volume full with the windows up you might crack them :lol: . If you carry dogs in the back, be careful. The sub woofer lives in the spare wheel and being serious you could damage their ears. The volume is tremendous.
Canton is far better than any in car system I have had previously. If you are into in car entertainment I would consider it seriously.
Where does the free spare wheel go with the canton sound system?

·
Registered
289 Posts
You can find the diagram in the online manual. The sub sits in the centre of the space saver spare.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We've not got the Canton but we are really impressed with the standard stereo. We had a BOSEsystem in the last car with the same subwoofer set up and to be honest, I'm more impressed with the standard system in the Kodiaq, especially the quality when playing a CD. I haven't heard the Canton to compare, but more than happy with what we have. (Just to add in I do like nice stereos, and have a bit of a thing for Bass, with a giant subwoofer in our camper van!)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Under the boot floor, in front of the under floor storage space.
God help us if we actually have to get the spare out!! It is a bit of a squeeze, and presumably one just lifts the sub woofer out and leaves it on the boot floor??

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Under the boot floor, in front of the under floor storage space.
God help us if we actually have to get the spare out!! It is a bit of a squeeze, and presumably one just lifts the sub woofer out and leaves it on the boot floor??
I believe you unclip the harness and then unscrew the star-shaped nut on the centre of the subwoofer.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks. I drove most of my working life for Shell. I must have driven well over a genuine million miles on my life and I have only had 3 punctures in all those miles. So I am hoping never to have to worry about using my spare. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After multiple test drives, I can easily say it's definitely okay but it ain't anything special.

·
Registered
421 Posts
[/quote]

Where does the free spare wheel go with the canton sound system?
[/quote]

Here's the wheel with the sub inside

1 - 20 of 29 Posts