Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been promised free VIP package for booking in Feb and hence I have not added Canton system to my options.
But the vehicle order form from the dealer does not list it.
When inquired I was told by dealer that it is getting factory fitted by default and hence won't appear on order form.

Is this the case for all of you? I am worried that if its not written/listed down anywhere in order form, it could be missed out as it an optional item ?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
How are you paying? If PCP or finance, then I'm afraid you won't be getting the VIP upgrade. If you are paying cash.
Unless of course your order does not have a code 20 against it. If it is only code 10 then it should appear on a new order form when it gets code 20. See above under build weeks. If the form comes with code 20 on it and no VIP pack shown, then you are out of luck, I'm afraid.
Look at the 'Options box on the right of my form. This form is showing code 10, because they cancelled week 9 then reinstated it , so this is the second form I have with 10 on it but the VIP package is listed in the Options panel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am paying cash as per current agreement. In that case should they be adding the item to order form but reduce the price from total or will the total include full price of Canton extras and it will be reduced at collection?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You say cash "as per existing agreement" So does that mean you are already on PCP/HP with an existing vehicle for which you are replacing with the Kodiaq?
If either, then you don't get the VIP I'm afraid.
It has to be a 'straight' purchase (with of course a P/X if required, as mine is.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin Lambert said:
You say cash "as per existing agreement" So does that mean you are already on PCP/HP with an existing vehicle for which you are replacing with the Kodiaq?
It has to be a 'straight' purchase (with of course a P/X if required, as mine is.)
The payment is by cash. There is no PCP agreement or anything. There is no confusion at dealer level as they agreed my booking has free VIP package. They have confirmed it through email.
My worry is that it does not appear on order form as a line item (Canton system, Spacesaver wheel, KESSY etc).

How does this item appear on your order form? Fully listed will full cost or Fully listed with zero cost?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Explorer101 said:
Colin Lambert said:
The payment is by cash. There is no PCP agreement or anything. There is no confusion at dealer level as they agreed my booking has free VIP package. They have confirmed it through email.
My worry is that it does not appear on order form as a line item (Canton system, Spacesaver wheel, KESSY etc).

How does this item appear on your order form? Fully listed will full cost or Fully listed with zero cost?
I ordered with the Canton and it appears as a chargeable item on my order form, however the dealer has confirmed the cost will be removed as it is now a free option but yet to receive a revised order form and revised total but I'm relaxed about it as my dealer has been very good so far.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I can't really comment as I didn't order either spacesaver or Canton.
My copy of the production sheet (above) started off with just the sun roof, TRIGLAV, front sensors & beige interior. It was code ten, week 9. Then dealer called need to say Skoda had cancelled 9. A week later the form above was sent to me, still week 9 code 10, but with the VIP package listed in the options box. At this stage dealer had not been told about VIP. We both wondered what the hell was going on & both agreed that if Skoda demanded payment for the extras, they could 'whistle' for it.
Then after a lot of searching I discovered the current VIP. Dealer was quite relieved 😀

·
Registered
289 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
How are you paying? If PCP or finance, then I'm afraid you won't be getting the VIP upgrade.
I don't think this is quite the case. It is contract hire or lease that the VIP offer does not apply to. PCP and HP offers are included.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
:oops: Yes , Sorry, My mistake. I said HP when I meant lease :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts