Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody assist please.
I have no need nor intention to ever connect to the 'interweb'.
But it would be good to have the above system connected.
Has anybody done so WITHOUT web connection? If so, how?
Service receptionist not too sure but thinks I may need an email address???
Friend with Passat says his "just works" , is not connected to internet.
I have just called SUK & they say that the car should have been delivered already connected and there is no need for an internet connection.
Anybody else NOT have these buttons working? SUK told me to talk to dealer, which I shall do tomorrow when I get the software upgraded.
Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Can anybody assist please.
I have no need nor intention to ever connect to the 'interweb'.
But it would be good to have the above system connected.
Has anybody done so WITHOUT web connection? If so, how?
Service receptionist not too sure but thinks I may need an email address???
Friend with Passat says his "just works" , is not connected to internet.
I have just called SUK & they say that the car should have been delivered already connected and there is no need for an internet connection.
Anybody else NOT have these buttons working? SUK told me to talk to dealer, which I shall do tomorrow when I get the software upgraded.
Thanks.
These are connected by default via the inbuilt vodafone sim card. There is no need to additionally connect the car to the tinternet. If you wish for increased functionality such as your dealer being notified of issues with the car and a more high tech approach to vehicle management then you need to register the vehicle with skoda connect via the website which allows you to access several functions/reports via the skoda connect website/app. One time process which will then utilise the inbuilt sim for much of the additional functionality without the need to connect the car to the internet.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for some reason it is NOT connected. Hopefully Meadens will get it sorted tomorrow when they do the shoot software update.
Thanks for your reply

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, for some reason it is NOT connected. Hopefully Meadens will get it sorted tomorrow when they do the software update.
Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
503 Posts
The software update was to stop it from going off accidently as has happened on some occasions apparently.
Your dealer might have disabled it at PDI for that reason ?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. He was unaware that it was not connected. Hopefully all will be well this afternoon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts