Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't help noticing the angst created by which build week, which engine, which color. Here in Australia I couldn't help noticing how easy it is to buy a Kodiaq.......even NZ(sorry Zach I mean that in the kindest way. If only you could play cricket when you travel to the UK)they have quite a few more choices to make up their bear.
Here in Australia it's a choice of color some three different alloy wheels and that as they say in classics, is all she wrote. You get the turbo petrol 2.0litre, AWD. With so many standard features, a wombat couldn't crawl over.
You have a choice then of Launch Pack, or either Tech Pack or Luxury Pack. You can add the last two together. Over and done I don't need to be concerned if I should buy the Diesel Variant, 2wd or 4wd, rear blinds, led lights, or such.
Me I have ordered the Tech and Luxury. It's built it is sitting in a ship waiting on the Australian Customs to bungle their way through the paperwork.
And the dealer will ring me and say sorry we can't deliver for another three weeks. Yes it's Custom fault. This is the way it works for car delivery around the world. It's car dealer speak. We really care but.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
I don't get what the problem is with choice... We get standard features here that the base Aussie car doesn't have that I want (Ventilated seats, DCC, Area View, Canton etc.) and the Aussie cars have stuff I don't need (Rough Road Package, electric child lock etc.).

Don't know why you have to go bash other markets for having more variety.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Where are your antipodean K's built. I presume not Kvasiny? Japan? India? China?

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Kvasiny. Kodiaq is not built outside of Europe afaik.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Zach just stating a fact as to how lucky we are including you in NZ. It makes sense to me here in Oz you are competing with a Kia landed about $46300 give or take $1000 and has everything you can poke a stick at. Kodiaq Skoda have thought bugga, we better counter that with something with the lot. And if you have read all the reviews which I'm sure you have they are all lauding the praises of how much you get Standard in a Kodiaq.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Ah I getcha now Dave. Our standard specs are impressive and we get the best equipment standard compared to the European markets. Right now all skodas here are on 5 year warranty, servicing and roadside for free!

It was quite easy for me to pick my options because of the standard kit. Sure i added almost 10k of options/accessories before my discount but it's well worth it imo as I'm sure I have one of the most highly specced cars here on order, and you do too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree it was an easy choice for me. Until the Kodiaq I was looking at a Kia or Jeep. You see my point, I didn't really like the Kia.....can't say why in words. But I am glad I waited. Well to be truthful I wrote off my last car hitting a deer down one of the country lanes in outer suburban Melbourne. Yes deer was ok. well bruised probably. I went back to check on him. And I say him, he was a big stag. Gone. And later that day walked up and down the road. No sign of him. So here I am driving an old bomb 2001 Ford waiting for a loan car from Skoda. Wet the this am at 6.30 hard to keep the bloody thing on the road. What a pile of..........

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
I wouldn't mind a loan Superb 206TSI (is be happy with the 140TDI too) for the next few months...

I had a look at Santa Fe and Sorento but Santa Fe (and sorento to a lesser degree) too expensive and the Sorento is too big for the garage. Kodiaq perfect size imo, just a tad bigger than my current T31 X-Trail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts