Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a confirmed build week of 2nd April (next week) and I was wondering if anybody has recently took delivery and could offer an idea of how long I have to continue this waiting game?!

It's felt like forever - like when you were a kid and December started.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
76 Posts
BW9, pick up on thursday

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Reckon on 4-6 weeks. It all depends on Boats from Emden. I would think you should have it mid May.
Enjoy the wait!! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Must be busy in Emden, my car has been there over a week already and not yet allocated a boat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
andyjsg said:
Must be busy in Emden, my car has been there over a week already and not yet allocated a boat.
mine was there 7 days, before a boat and then 8 days before delivery from sheerness to dealer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same build week for me (next week). I plan to speak to SUK at the end of next week to confirm it was or has started build. Currently my delivery date is the 11 May, but obviously that is an estimate.

I know where you are coming from with the waiting. Chomping at the bit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
dealership has told me the 4th April, SUK told me build week the 2nd April and to expect 4-6weeks for delivery.

Out of sheer curiostiy is there anyone in the UK who's delivery has taken more than 6 weeks?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Yes Me!! I had been getting excited about it since April 2016 and then I was allowed to order it on the 22nd December 2016 and I got it on the 6th April 2017.
BUT to be fair, they weren't in a rush as Skoda would not release them before the official launch date. Mine was 3 weeks in Emden and 2 weeks at Sheerness.
So I was hyped up for a YEAR!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
aimlisted said:
andyjsg said:
mine was there 7 days, before a boat and then 8 days before delivery from sheerness to dealer
Mine was at Emden for 10 days, and Sheerness for 16 days more. Think it would still be there if I hadn't rant and raved at Skoda UK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Colin,
A year is a long time to be hyped up :lol: I'm finding the 6 week wait I've had so far to get a confirmed build date extremely long and tedious. I'm not sure whether it is the added pressure of also having a baby on the way, but I'm definitely feeling a bit stressed about it all :x :( Hopefully the wait will be worth it :p

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Certainly will! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ours is being built this week, it's taking all my willpower not to keep asking if it's been completed! I'm not sure there is much more information out there that I can read or watch about the Kodiaq.

Dealer has had some come through as quick as 2-3 weeks, but trying not to bank on anything less than 6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all,

The idea of another 6 weeks is awful!! :?

I'm hoping for less than that for my sanity.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've just been told by the dealership that my Kodiaq is heading for UK shores as we speak (aboard the City of Rome headed for Grimsby).

BW was originally 20, then 14, then slight nudge to 13.

Hopefully not too much longer a wait for me now.

:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Calla said:
I've just been told by the dealership that my Kodiaq is heading for UK shores as we speak (aboard the City of Rome headed for Grimsby).

Mine might be on the same ship then!!!! It's been waiting at Emden since last week. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Inkarr said:
Calla said:

Mine might be on the same ship then!!!! It's been waiting at Emden since last week. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed that we are shipmates and that the transport on the other side isn't too protracted.

Apparently my car only got to Emden on Saturday so not too much delay for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ExFiesta said:
Ours is being built this week, it's taking all my willpower not to keep asking if it's been completed! I'm not sure there is much more information out there that I can read or watch about the Kodiaq.

Dealer has had some come through as quick as 2-3 weeks, but trying not to bank on anything less than 6.
Ours was released for shipping on 29 March and is still at Emden waiting to catch a ride to Sheerness. Seems a bit of a lottery :) but gradually getting there!

·
Registered
77 Posts
BW9, picked up 10th April. That's including the delays caused by the snow in March and Listers process of sending all cars to Stratford for PDI before they go to dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Calla said:
Inkarr said:
Calla said:

Fingers crossed that we are shipmates and that the transport on the other side isn't too protracted.

Apparently my car only got to Emden on Saturday so not too much delay for me.
Unfortunately mine isn't on that Ship and is still awaiting a ship assignment. Been at Emden since last Thursday. SUK said it is usually 7 to 10 working days to be assigned a ship from arrival at exit port. Seems you were lucky as yours arrived at exit port after mine.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts