Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got the news on Thursday that my car is at the docks awaiting transport to the dealership, so all being well I will have it in the next few days . I waited a long time for this and was told by the dealership it would be worth the wait and not only that because I've waited patiently on it they will throw in a few goodies for me , like matts full tank of fuel and cleaning kit . So I hope u all who are waiting get ur cars soon and thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
579 Posts
Happy days - hope it's not too long a wait for you!

If they're offering to throw in mats then I'd ask for the rubber ones, front and rear (middle row). The car should come with carpet mats anyway. I think the full set of rubber ones costs around £70-80, so a great deal if they're offering that. Also worth inquiring about the rubber centre tunnel cover if you've got kids that go in the back - I had them in my old car and transferred them across when I picked up the new one and they're excellent, much easier to keep clean when there are trips to the beach, muddy dog walks, etc, etc.

I also have the 3rd row carpet mats, for the odd occasion when the kids travel in the back as the car doesn't come with any.

Full tank of fuel is also not to be sniffed at these days - I've heard of some dealers only half-filling new cars for delivery, but nowadays I would think that's becoming even more common as it's around £100 to fill from empty...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well got the news on Thursday that my car is at the docks awaiting transport to the dealership, so all being well I will have it in the next few days . I waited a long time for this and was told by the dealership it would be worth the wait and not only that because I've waited patiently on it they will throw in a few goodies for me , like matts full tank of fuel and cleaning kit . So I hope u all who are waiting get ur cars soon and thanks for the feedback
Your car was built last week and is in the UK already? That’s epic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has your car arrive yet? Mine is also sitting at the dock and no news as to when it may leave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here. Car was built 29th April and has been at Emden since 12th May.

Been told that it is usually a Thursday or Friday that the ships are loaded, so hopefully it will make it either today or tomorrow.
Ah. Mine is sat in Grimsby but it did leave on a Friday. The closer the car gets the more impatient I become!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems I need to reset my expectations. I'm not looking forward to a further wait once it arrives in the UK 😓
Sometimes is appears just luck if cars arrive quickly. Mine was built wc 16th (April) and I had hopeful visions of me driving it early May. I suppose the journey can be like those where you drive somewhere and hit every red light; others it’s all green. If your car turns up to port just before a ship is leaving and then hits the UK just before a transporter to dealer is leaving then it could be a matter of days. Other time weeks or more

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes is appears just luck if cars arrive quickly. Mine was built wc 16th (April) and I had hopeful visions of me driving it early May. I suppose the journey can be like those where you drive somewhere and hit every red light; others it’s all green. If your car turns up to port just before a ship is leaving and then hits the UK just before a transporter to dealer is leaving then it could be a matter of days. Other time weeks or more
Looks like I'm hitting all the red lights! Update today and car is still sitting in Emden.

Appears to be a delay at port. Some cars are making it over while others are not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
When did you order your kodiaq? I order one 6oct 21 and still not got a built week as they keep pushing it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts