Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen new Kodiaq tv ad (uk) featuring sir brad Wiggins. Good ad. Might split opinions.

To be clear - brad is pretty much an idol of mine, I'm a committed cyclist and have been for many years, largely off watching sir brad come from nowhere to 4th in tour de France whilst at lowly Garmin team (pre him being a star at team sky) -
Love the sport but never got off my ass until 10years ago and now race etc. But the grief I'll get off this..."oh you only got one of those cos of wiggins" etc! Bloody typical. Why couldn't it be some no name footy celeb???

Anyways, good ad. And he only has to go and drive a quartz grey too (with road bike on roof as mine will be)....

Registered
Yeah he certainly got awesome all of a sudden about the time he started injecting performance enhancing hayfever medicine.

He's a funny guy and there's no proof he's not totally above board but unfortunately given the history I trust professional cyclists about as much as I trust skoda promises to deliver new cars within 12 weeks.

Registered
I too have just seen the TV add.
Why are Skoda spending 拢拢拢on TV when they have no stock?

That is the third car brand Wiggins has endorsed!

Registered
I have yet to see it, but if its anything like the last one (for the Superb) it really doesn't sell the car IMO.

They have stock, I am sure they haven't sold out yet ;)

Premium Member
Are you sure the ad with Wiggins was a Kodiaq? The only one I have see is with an Octavia estate. Personally I thin it is a very poor ad. So much time showing him cycling through his life and then a short bit on the Octavia. By which time I was bored senseless. I have nothing but admiration for the bloke but as a tv ad I don't think it does it. As you say a 'Marmite' ad.

Registered
I am sure it is/was a Kodiaq 'The new Kodiaq' screen flash at the end.
not so sure it was Wiggins even though the add is 80% people with lifestyle and 20% car..........
Chan 4 in Bucks.

Premium Member
I have just trawled through Google & Youtube and can find no mention of any tv ad for the Kodiaq. First person to get the genuine video of the UK tv ad on the forum wins a Skoda supermarket trolley token. (My generosity knows no bounds! :lol: )

Registered
I still can't believe that they put out the new Kodiaq ad AFTER the newest claim.
It can't be good for Skoda to be associated with him.

Premium Member

Registered
Is it just me or can I not see an advert?

Registered
Its on the Skoda website. I have not seen it on TV.

Registered
Yes, it's been on TV. Quite a few times last night within Britain's Got Talent (I'm in South East TV region).

Registered
I can't see it on the website either

Registered
Go to Skoda uk homepage.
You should see a picture of him with the Kodiaq.
Then click 'find out more' at the bottom of that picture.
Then press the play icon.

Registered
Pheebs said:
Go to Skoda uk homepage.
You should see a picture of the cheater with the Kodiaq.
Then click 'find out more' at the bottom of that picture.
Then press the play icon.
Nope I don't see that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts