Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

had our kodiaq 2 months and love it - however I drove round the corner this evening in my wife's car to find the lights on the kodiaq on, and the boot half open - wife was in the house and tells me she saw it happen as I came round the corner. I can't find anything in the manual or from a quick search of the forum explaining it - could my Kodiaq key (which was in my bag in my wife's car) have been accidentally pressed and somehow have triggered this when I came into range?

thanks in advance... confused

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was waiting for my wife in the car. She went for a quick shopping. When she came back, she opened the tailgate, put the bought stuff inside and pressed the button to electrically close the tailgate. While the tailgate was closing, I switched on the engine (maybe even unlocked the doors with unlock button - can't remember) and drove on after my wife was seated. In a few seconds I've received a warning that the tailgate was opened. And it was really opened! It looks like some action can abort the closing of the tailgate and open it again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mikopaul said:
Hi

had our kodiaq 2 months and love it - however I drove round the corner this evening in my wife's car to find the lights on the kodiaq on, and the boot half open - wife was in the house and tells me she saw it happen as I came round the corner. I can't find anything in the manual or from a quick search of the forum explaining it - could my Kodiaq key (which was in my bag in my wife's car) have been accidentally pressed and somehow have triggered this when I came into range?

thanks in advance... confused
Yes, tailgate opens when the button on the remote is long pressed, which can happen in the bag or pockets. Happened to me once with my Kodiaq and twice with my BMW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I have just gone out and tested and agree - button must have been depressed in bag and it will have opened when I came into range - thanks for the feedback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts