Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New to the forum and loving the Kodiaq, however I have noticed an issue in the boot.

We have the 7 seat model which has the folding seats and then the remaining flat load section of the boot floor which you can lift and store items under if you wish. However we have a push chair in the back of our boot almost all of the time and I have noticed where the pushchair sits in the boot, it is leaving permanent dents in this piece of the boot. It is where the hinges of the pushchair sit on the boot. It never happened in our previous car but can imagine after many months and years of use that side of my boot will have dents all over where the pushchair sits. They aren't massive but someone like myself who likes everything to look perfect it is bugging me.

Has anyone else noticed this? To me it is almost like the boot floor is made of a very soft wood - I can only liken it to when you dent soft pine?

I have looked at buying an aftermarket bootliner which would cushion it but to me part of the appeal of the Kodiaq was the flat load lip at the back and any bootliners seem to have a slight lip on the edge. Plus I don't really want to have to fork out for something else. Has anyone else noticed this in theirs and any suggestions? Part of me is thinking we are just going to have to go with it, but very frustrating.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Firstly. Welcome to the forum, but I'm afarid I can offer no answer to your problem as, being a dog owner, I have a boot liner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Firstly. Welcome to the forum, but I'm afarid I can offer no answer to your problem as, being a dog owner, I have a boot liner.
Thank you. Out of interest which boot liner do you have? I did find this one on Amazon which looked ok? The official one pricing was crazy. Also if you do have the one below how would it be rolling a pushchair in and out of the boot? Does the lip fold quite easily? I don't want to create an additional lip to get over.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodiaq-Boot-Liner-193293-Seater/dp/B073S8MP71/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510662645&sr=8-1&keywords=skoda+kodiaq+boot+liner

Although I have actually just found this one, which doesnt look to have a lip at the edge which could be the answer - so I can still roll the pushchair out completely.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/boot-liners-mats/rezaw_plast_boot_liner_black_no_rz231531/Qx%40w%2C6M41V_VndbVhpeetSUTPXzHrDrZgtB%7Dkdn0CRMvoB06KitG~oqIx5EjG%601LCAhAPHwfBvszRN2rIVBFwa

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have the one from Amazon. The lip is easily deformable or you could cut it off with a pair of stout scissors!
The only adverse comment I and others have about this boot liner is that it does tend to slide backwards. Especially with dogs jumping in and out.
Simple answer is just to make sure it is pushed forwards whenever you open the boot.
Less easy method, tried by some members, is to fix a strip of velcro to the underside and it then grips the carpet on the boot floor.. I do the former!

·
Registered
76 Posts
House, i have the cheap Amazon one too in my 7 seat with back row folded. Its brilliant and cheap.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the cheap amazon one and it did tend to slide slightly. Cured that by putting a bit of non slip matting down.
Costco do a generic rectangular boot mat 100cm x 80cm in what appears to be good quality flexible rubber. My wife decided she wanted one to put mucky boots on in the garage but I may well try it out in the boot. £12 including vat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a generic (universal) boot liner from ebay for £13 (120cm x 130cm approx). It fits 100% accurate after trimming down . Not made of cheap plastic, but kind a mix of rubber & plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
House said:
Colin Lambert said:
Although I have actually just found this one, which doesnt look to have a lip at the edge which could be the answer - so I can still roll the pushchair out completely.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/boot-liners-mats/rezaw_plast_boot_liner_black_no_rz231531/Qx%40w%2C6M41V_VndbVhpeetSUTPXzHrDrZgtB%7Dkdn0CRMvoB06KitG~oqIx5EjG%601LCAhAPHwfBvszRN2rIVBFwa
(I know this thread is old, but somebody might be searching for info)
I have this liner, its a great fit. Its almost flat at the boot opening.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Flip over the boot floor so the plastic side is up and the soft carpet side is down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
HI
I agree that the front part (nearest boot opening) of the boot dents easily.

I have the boot liner from amazon and it has a pattern on the underneath side. When I have put heavy items onto the liner it has left a small dent in the floor from the pattern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.