Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Amundsen is a minimal option to have an in-car navigation. But I hear that Bolero with Apple Carplay/Android Auto can offer navigation from your smartphone. But it is not the same and may run slower.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The GREAT thing about smartphone nav is that you can programme it while having that final cup of coffee at breakfast.

The alternative is to have frustrated passengers making snide remarks and "helpful" comments as you fiddle about before driving off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
google maps has always been the best for me .its so integrated most angles are covered with it .as long as you have good mobile coverage though .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use NAVMII on my phone, free good and seems to be always up to date...... can lose signal, but any phone satnav can!!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use Copilot satnav. Uses downloaded maps so as long as GPS is active, there is no disruption due to lack of signal. Full europe costs around £30 with lifetime maps. Active traffic costs a bit extra per year and needs a data connection. I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Pays yer money and makes yer choice with phone satnav I reckon.

My experience with CoPilot has been good, in U.K., Europe and America. Maps are held on the phone, so loss of signal no problem. I pay extra for LiveUpdate, which suggests alternative route if traffic snagged - an increasing problem on U.K. Roads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts