Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else lucky enough to have their Kodiaq's by now experienced problems connecting a phone by Bluetooth? My Galaxy S7 connects fine but sometimes cuts off during a call with a loud buzzing sound. The bluetooth connection is lost but it reconnects after a few seconds. Sometimes I can access the text message feature on the Kodiaq's screen but other times it just shows a blank screen. Bluetooth media seems to work fine. I've tried re-pairing the phone several times but no improvement so I'm just in the process of doing a full factory reset.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Can't help as yet, but as a general troubleshoot, does it do this when in or out of the wireless charge/phone cubby ?
I have an S7 so am hoping its fixable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the full reset on the phone and no change. Seems to happen whether charging or not but no pattern as to when - Some conversations are fine but other times it cuts out after a few seconds or a few minutes. Sometimes it reconnects the bluetooth within a few seconds and other times I need to re-connect from the screen or turn bluetooth off and on again. I'm going to try different phones to see if it's my phone or the car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Keep us updated, once my car arrives I will do likewise, although I don't tend to use the phone often in the car, its always bluetooth connected.
I will likely have it tethered too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bluetooth on my s7 is working fine. Have you any other phones in the car with you at the same time. That can cause interference when 2 mobiles are so near.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips. Tried my old Galaxy S5 today and same problem occurred. Connected fine but cut off 5 mins into a call and lost Bluetooth connection. I needed to bring up paired phones on the Kodiaq's screen and select the S5 then it reconnected straight away. The Bluetooth Media player sometimes failed to start but if I cycled through the Audio Source options back to Bluetooth Media it would start playing again. Tried connecting both phones at the same time and then separately and tried WiFi on and off but no difference.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Best to take it back to the dealer....a software reinstall may be all that's needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a orange triangle warning symbol. Apparently, it needs a campaign 91q3. Believe it is linked to the telemetry and media unit. Mine has been a little temperamental.

The campaign came out on the 12th April, the day I got mine. Could be worth contacting dealer for diagnostic check.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info. Still having issues with Bluetooth connection cutting out during a call. My dealer suggested taking a video of the screen when it happens and they will forward to Skoda UK technical team.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just wondering if anyone is having the following Bluetooth issue.
I have my Nexus 6p connected (running vanilla android) and can make 1 phone call through the hands free. If I try to make a second call it won't ring through the speakers and I can't have a conversation as the recipients voice won't come through the speakers either. This all occurs when showing the phone still connected to the hands free.
I have a feeling it's the phone as the wife's iPhone works fine and I have tried another android phone and it seemed to be okay.
Pretty strange as the Nexus has the most up to date android software available...
Any feedback greatly appreciated

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dozz said:
I have my Nexus 6p connected (running vanilla android) and can make 1 phone call through the hands free. If I try to make a second call it won't ring through the speakers and I can't have a conversation as the recipients voice won't come through the speakers either. This all occurs when showing the phone still connected to the hands free.
I have a feeling it's the phone as the wife's iPhone works fine and I have tried another android phone and it seemed to be okay.
Pretty strange as the Nexus has the most up to date android software available...
This may help:

http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

It will show you which phones are compatible and what resources are available. The Nexus 6p doesn't support all the Columbus features which maybe the route cause of your issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Dozz said:
This may help:

http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

It will show you which phones are compatible and what resources are available. The Nexus 6p doesn't support all the Columbus features which maybe the route cause of your issues.
I had a look at the link and it shows that the phone is supported.
Anybody experiencing this same issue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts