Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just joined and this will be my first post. My wife is very keen on the Kodiaq and after a few test drives we're looking at the 1.4 TSI SEL DSG in Petrol Blue, with a few options it's coming in at just under £30k.
After chatting with the sales folk we getting a bit bogged down with the all the cost figures. We will be having it on PCP but we're unsure how much deposit to put down. I was hoping just to part ex my car, valued at £4.5k but they said they'd want another £2k cash to get it close to what we are comfortable with monthly (around £350). Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks and nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Use this to play around and get an idea : http://www.skoda.co.uk/tools/finance-calculator

If you select 1.4 tsi 4x4 dsg SE-L it lists as £30,410 at 10k miles per year £360 over 42 months is as close as you can get with your deposit.
If you find another 1k deposit, you can get £355 over 36 months.
Have a play on the configurator and see if you can get somewere you are comfortable with.

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Welcome along.
Basically with PCP there is a fixed amount you need to pay off, so you either do it with monthly payments or a deposit. The only way of making the monthly payments smaller is by paying a bigger deposit.

Obviously a couple of other things come into play, APR and the price you pay.

I don't think dealers are offering much in the way of discounts but I did read of a £1700 discount from a broker here: http://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=444&p=3799&hilit=Discounts#p3799 might be worth asking who it was from. Could be CarWow or one of the other sites online.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you Google "uk reverse auction site for cars", you'll get the broker details (non ad link).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome. Good choice ;)
could you please put your location on your profile, town will do. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts