Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise if this sounds totally daft, but after a recent accident and repairs to the rear end of my Kodiaq (2017), the blind-spot assist gizmo is no longer available. And I get a message saying "no entries" on the Vehicle icon on the dashboard. My assumption is that the repair shop have not replaced or reconnected it. Does anyone know where the sensors are meant to be located? I had a vague understanding they were in the rear bumper, in which case I would be right in assuming it hasn't just died of its own accord?
Anything helpful would be......errr.....helpful, many thanks!馃檹

Registered
Do the rear parking sensors still work? I had a minor front prang in my previous car (LR Disco Sport) where another driver reversed hard into my front end when I was stationary. Thankfully it was a little old lady, who was very apologetic and fully took the blame (well it was her fault!), so it was all handled through her insurance.

The point is that when I got my car back, after the repair shop had fitted an entirely new front bumper, lower trim and grille, all of which were damaged, it was the rear parking sensors that wouldn't work, despite all the damage and repairs being to the front of the car only. Turned out they had damaged one of the front sensors refitting it and that had thrown the system into giving all sorts of random fault codes, but the only one that appeared to me through the infotainment was that the rear parking sensors weren't working. I managed to prove the front ones weren't working either as when I drove close to a wall, there was no beeping or distance warning on the screen, which there should have been.

Repair shop had to have it back in for another day to fit a replacement sensor, after which it worked perfectly for the next 18 months I had the car.

Not sure if that helps, but it could be as simple as a single sensor that has failed, and it may not necessarily be the most obvious one. You could try reversing towards a wall at different angles and see if there is any part of the display that doesn't pick up the wall?

Reactions: Kevinthepenguin

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the rear parking sensors still work? I had a minor front prang in my previous car (LR Disco Sport) where another driver reversed hard into my front end when I was stationary. Thankfully it was a little old lady, who was very apologetic and fully took the blame (well it was her fault!), so it was all handled through her insurance.

The point is that when I got my car back, after the repair shop had fitted an entirely new front bumper, lower trim and grille, all of which were damaged, it was the rear parking sensors that wouldn't work, despite all the damage and repairs being to the front of the car only. Turned out they had damaged one of the front sensors refitting it and that had thrown the system into giving all sorts of random fault codes, but the only one that appeared to me through the infotainment was that the rear parking sensors weren't working. I managed to prove the front ones weren't working either as when I drove close to a wall, there was no beeping or distance warning on the screen, which there should have been.

Repair shop had to have it back in for another day to fit a replacement sensor, after which it worked perfectly for the next 18 months I had the car.

Not sure if that helps, but it could be as simple as a single sensor that has failed, and it may not necessarily be the most obvious one. You could try reversing towards a wall at different angles and see if there is any part of the display that doesn't pick up the wall?
Thanks for that, much appreciated. It seems to be the blind spot only that has gone, reverse parking sensors seem absolutely fine. The rear bumper did have to be replaced, but it's not until now that I have been onto any type of road that the blind spot thingies kick in with.....if it was from the repairers, I hope the fault log will show that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts