Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to take out a 3 year lease on Monday on the Kodiaq 1.4 TSI DSG Edition trim and not sure ehat colour to go for - Quartz Grey or Black?

I like the look from the official pics of the Quartz Grey but some have said it looks bluey grey in sunlight and does not look as good in the flesh?

Black would be simply the safest option.

Any suggestions/owners with the Quartz Grey?

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had the same dilemma. Our dealer had the Quartz grey on the VIP night and it was a lovely colour. The reason we went for Black Pearl in the end is that we didn't like how obvious it was that the trims were just black plastic rather than colour coded. I have now seen a black one and the fact that the trims are plastic is definitely less obvious than on any other colour. But it's a matter of opinion as not everyone prefers colour-coded trims

·
Registered
617 Posts
I went for magnetic brown metallic. Reasons:

1) Looks almost black.

2) Hides dirt well.

3) A degree of exclusivity, not many have ordered that colour.

4) Matches extremely well with beige interior.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Obviously it's a personal choice. I went for Quartz Grey specifically because it does look slightly different colours in different lights.

I test drive one in Quartz today and also walked round the dealership and looked at other Skoda models in the same colours, parked around the dealership. In the shade it definitely looks a sort of charcoal grey, but in bright sun it does take on a bluey/green sheen. This shows off the creases and curves nicely.

So I've gone for that (over Business Grey).....but it's personal choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigboss said:

1) Looks almost black.

2) Hides dirt well.

Have you seen any magnetic brown in the actual flesh?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went for black (posted photograph in another topic) and while I also was finding it difficult to decide on colour, I can honestly say having got it I am not disappointed, in fact the sales guy said that they had some potential customers driving their grey and white demos and when they saw the black they were very impressed. However it is a personal choice and only you can decide. All the best in choosing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
From a perspective of a self confessed obsessive:
Black looks marvellous when kept in pristine condition but looks dirty quick and also requires a decent cleaning regime (I am talking about wash and wax method and equipment) to avoid swirls which show up big time on a black car.
Quartz certainly has either a blue or more commonly a green hint in sunlight, but whoever told you it doesn't look good in the flesh is wrong !
Admittedly I am biased as that's what I ordered. It is likely to become one of the most common colours, so if you want to be different, its not what you want !
Horses for courses as they say :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
chris101 said:
bigboss said:

1) Looks almost black.

2) Hides dirt well.

I've seen Skoda Superb in that colour.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Savage said:
Quartz certainly has either a blue or more commonly a green hint in sunlight, but whoever told you it doesn't look good in the flesh is wrong !
I very nearly ordered Quartz for my Superb, the only thing that put me off was seeing an Octavia on the forecourt in Quartz, this had obviously not been cared for and although I loved the blue and green in the colour the stone chips also stood out a mile, so I opted for Business Grey which IMO suits the car better.

However on a Kodiaq I think Quartz is the better colour, but I am slightly biased as it's the only Kodiaq I have seen yet (not gone back to the dealers yet as even the edition spec & the colours are not quite right for me yet, so I will wait a little for the SportLine and hopefully L&K to be released... If I'm spending 40K then the car needs to be right! (by then we will all hopefully know what this government intend to do regarding EU6 diesel, which is another problem as I feel the torque of a 180 TSi will not be enough for me???

Having owned black before I would not choose that again because I am into my detailing and it is too much work to keep it looking gorgeous.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, before the K came along I was considering a Superb, that would have been business grey 100%
Best I get some touch up paint then :lol:

·
Registered
617 Posts
bigboss said:
chris101 said:
bigboss said:

1) Looks almost black.

2) Hides dirt well.

I've seen Skoda Superb in that colour.
Went back to Skoda today, here are some pics of the Superb in magnetic brown metallic:

·
Registered
617 Posts
More pics:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts