Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen as I can't buy a sportline grill this will have to do and awaiting Monte Carlo badge to complete

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Plastidip or wrap?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very nice! I am not a fan of the chrome grille on my black Kodiaq. Will show this pic to the boss ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks great...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Bigsilv. Can you put a pic on here please. I have never seen a chrome grille on a K.
Happy to swap for my bog standard black one! (depending how easy it is to remove/replace).
I do like a bit of bling, but then I am old enough to remember (and own cars) when ALL grilles were chrome!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Bigsilv. Can you put a pic on here please. I have never seen a chrome grille on a K.
Happy to swap for my bog standard black one! (depending how easy it is to remove/replace).
I do like a bit of bling, but then I am old enough to remember (and own cars) when ALL grilles were chrome!!
Maybe that was aimed at me?
If so then apologies for any confusion, I meant the standard grille with the chrome surround and black in the middle. The chrome surround stands out too much on a black Kodiaq

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Oh bugga! I thought you had got a chrome grille.
Never mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks stealth, love it.

How easy is it to get this done? Plus does anyone know how to get the badge on the back and front all black and maybe even the lettering?

Any other kit that can "sportify" the Skodiaq?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have a look on Superskoda. They have quite a few black badges

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for that. Aware of that site from internet search. £40+ for one badge seems expensive.

Just watching YouTube videos on plastidipping and it makes it look so easy.

Do I dare?

Anyone take the plunge?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was professionally wrapped, I have badges on the way but didn't turn up in time and will probably just remove the lettering rather than replace for black ones

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bloody hell that looks good, never been a big fan of black cars but that look really smart.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bit dirty but only just got round to fitting replacement black badge after wrong ones sent

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Neat! How much did all that cost?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks great. What colour wheels do you have

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shocks said:
Neat! How much did all that cost?
Badge was about £40 but think I'm going to try plasti the rears see what happens

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aimlisted said:
Looks great. What colour wheels do you have
I have Standard Sirius wheels at the moment but in process of trial fitting some aftermarket OZ which will be eventually powder coated gloss black when I'm happy with the fitment

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fancy getting the Sirius wheels painted black to suit the black car (once I actually get it)

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks very very well.... is this the MONTE CARLO black edition badge ? does it just stick on, how did the plasti work out on the back ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kilt said:
looks very very well.... is this the MONTE CARLO black edition badge ? does it just stick on, how did the plasti work out on the back ?
Yes it's the Monte Carlo ,it fits the same way as original and very tough to remove .
There's 3 gromet things which snap fit into dimples in the bonnet and also very strong adhesive foam . I had a bodyshop do it as wasn't shifting even with heat and actually cracked the underneath of the badge . I've not done the rear yet weathers been rubbish

1 - 20 of 24 Posts