Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a future owner, I'd like to ask you all what you think the best optional extra is on your vehicle and what accessories you'd also recommend?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
ACC is a godsend. Lane Assist I can do without, but it's nice on long journeys.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Heated seats & pan roof

·
Registered
64 Posts
Given the hassle I've just been through getting the camera recalibrated after a windscreen change on our Octavia I'm glad my Kodiaq won't have ACC or lane assist!

Are we talking factory options or dealer fit accessories?

My factory options to our Scout:

Towbar @ £860
Spare wheel @ £105
Heated windscreen and nozzles @ £340
Colour trip computer @ £90
ISOFIX on the front passenger seat @ £45

Dealer fit:

Side steps @ £900
Rubber floor mats @ £60
Rubber rear transmission tunnel cover @ £20
Reversible rubber/carpet boot mat @ £50
Tailored rear window blinds @ £60
Brushed aluminium rear bumper upper edge protector @ £40
Front and rear mud flaps @ £40

·
Registered
159 Posts
All that typing in the previous post and yet the question wasn't answered.

Mine is traffic recognition :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
silver1011 said:
Given the hassle I've just been through getting the camera recalibrated after a windscreen change on our Octavia I'm glad my Kodiaq won't have ACC or lane assist!
ACC doesn't use the multifunction camera.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wish I had specced ACC.
But coming from not having CC at all to having CC; going beyond that to ACC just seemed.... greedy.

At £305 extra on an SE-L it's a bit of an expensive luxury though (for what it is).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ordered mine with:

Metallic paint
Leather seats
Towbar
Front sensors
Reversing camera

The first three are just personal preference, the sensors I like but COULD live without, but the reversing camera I'd HATE to lose.

The Kodiaq is unwieldy to reverse (dark and small rear window, curved rear shape giving little clue to alignment of car, etc) and the camera - even if you only use it as a 'second opinion' - is wonderfully clear and helpful.

It also does more than I expected, as it allows a choice of views: the view out backwards (with on-screen lines showing the intended footprint of the car, and where the steering is pointing you), the view downwards (useful for hitching up a trailer, or for getting the last few inches rearwards as you reverse into a space), or a somewhat 'sideways' view, showing what traffic is approaching from either side, across your rear).

(And yes, it can give you diagrams showing how and when to steer when reversing into a parking space - a bit like half-way to having the automatic parking - but I could, and do, live happily without that!)

For me, the camera is the best bit of the car!

·
Registered
422 Posts
DaveM said:
My sales person told me I'd be wasting my money on the reversing camera. It works as intended, but because it does not flip away when not in reverse the lens gets muddied.

It sounds like this might have been an exaggeration on his part going on what I am reading here, but his assertion that the reversing sensors are more than adequate is pretty much on the ball.

I shelled out on front sensors which may have been a waste. Even though it's a big car, I feel there is no mistaking where the front ends. Unless you come across something so low that you cannot possibly see it over the bonnet. Like Warwick Davis.

Disclaimer; I did not run over Warwick Davis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

I think ACC and spare wheel are really important. Lane assist is ok if you drive a lot on highways,...

·
Registered
188 Posts
iwarv said:
My sales person told me I'd be wasting my money on the reversing camera. It works as intended, but because it does not flip away when not in reverse the lens gets muddied.

It sounds like this might have been an exaggeration on his part going on what I am reading here, but his assertion that the reversing sensors are more than adequate is pretty much on the ball.
I've only had the car for 4 1/2 months, but in that time (even in the recent snows and filthy aftermath), the clarity from the camera has never been spoiled by dirt - certainly it's got no dirtier than the rear window or side mirrors.

The rear sensors are useful - but of course they only tell you when you've got (too?) near to something solid. The camera shows you what's available/troublesome at considerable distance - and does so beautifully, even when it's dark outside!

·
Registered
127 Posts
DaveM said:
iwarv said:

I've only had the car for 4 1/2 months, but in that time (even in the recent snows and filthy aftermath), the clarity from the camera has never been spoiled by dirt - certainly it's got no dirtier than the rear window or side mirrors.

The rear sensors are useful - but of course they only tell you when you've got (too?) near to something solid. The camera shows you what's available/troublesome at considerable distance - and does so beautifully, even when it's dark outside!
Agree with Dave - also, when you move your hand towards the reversing screen several other view options appear, including one where you can centre your towbar precisely under the towing hitch of a caravan. Hitching up by moving the car alone has always been a two person job - until we got the Kodiaq

·
Registered
422 Posts
Kenny R said:
I was under the impression that the rear camera had its own washer jet same as the Karoq. Is this not the case?
If true then that beggars belief.
Why spend time and effort installing a washer jet for the reversing camera and not make the camera fold away when not in reverse gear?

VW's and other marques have been doing exactly that for years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
iwarv said:
DaveM said:

I shelled out on front sensors which may have been a waste. Even though it's a big car, I feel there is no mistaking where the front ends. Unless you come across something so low that you cannot possibly see it over the bonnet. Like Warwick Davis.

Disclaimer; I did not run over Warwick Davis
Did the salesperson not realise there is a cleaning system on the camera, which I find works pretty well? Reversing camera definitely worthwhile on such a big car and I can also hitch the caravan solo, fantastic option!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have no problem reversing the car with just the sensors. Haven't hit a thing, animal or a person yet.
I don't have a caravan, but I would imagine that a reversing camera would be an essential if I did. I trust the sales person would have recommended me one if I had specced a tow bar.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts