Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Towbar mounted? I'll be getting Thule towbar mounted carrier which can tilt for easy access to the boot without taking the bikes off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll have to go roof carrier any suggestions

·
Registered
617 Posts
You'll need the one which doesn't cover the number plate. Saris and Thule make good racks. Bear in mind that in case the car behind hits yours, they can claim that your brake light wasn't visible for them to stop early enough.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've bought the tow bar option just for bike rack! If not tow bar mounted then go for roof one rather than clip on the back - I know that for my smax you couldn't get a back mounted one because of the shape of the tailgate or the type of 'spoiler (read: hardly any) so be wary in case they're not stated as being compatible with Kodiaq .

Also thule make good ones but Halfords on brand used to be rebadged Thule so see what they have (cheaper)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whats the width of the roof bars? Would like to use my existing rack for carrying bikes.

Is towbar a better option? I didn't order with one but wondering if fitting aftermarket would be a good idea

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
bigboss said:
Towbar mounted? I'll be getting Thule towbar mounted carrier which can tilt for easy access to the boot without taking the bikes off.
+1 for Thule!

·
Registered
617 Posts
meduk1 said:
Whats the width of the roof bars? Would like to use my existing rack for carrying bikes.

Is towbar a better option? I didn't order with one but wondering if fitting aftermarket would be a good idea
Best to check your existing rack whether it fits . The advantage of carrying bikes behind the car as opposed to the roof are:

1) Better fuel efficiency and ability to drive faster.

2) Ease of putting bikes at the rear.

Not sure about aftermarket towbars. The manufacturer's towbar is very neat. It pops out at the press of a button, and folds away easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts