Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you opt for beige upholstery, are only the seats in beige or the dashboard as well? Colin?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Wot he said😁

·
Registered
175 Posts
- had my alcantra treated on Her recommendation. Coffee, cheese & pickle sandwiches, construction site muck isn't a good mix with beige upholstery!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I don't wear jeans (I'm far too old 😁) but just in case one of the dogs jumps into the car rather than the boot, I invested in a can of Scotchguard for £7.95.
I have given the seats 2 applications. Hopefully that will protect them sufficiently.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently it is easy to clean off jeans colour from leather, not sure about Alcantara. But it is supposed to be hard wearing.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
A friend of mine who has had Alcantara & wears jeans (in spite of being even older than I am 😁) says that Alcantara & jeans don't mix. 😱

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not sure, In my "youf" I had a mid grey alcantara in the XR3i and jeans never were a problem.
Had I gone for alcantara on the K I would have had black, but as its full leather I went for the beige.
I wear jeans a lot (never too old IMO as long as you don't wear 'em like the youngsters) and have 3 kids.
But a good leather treatment at new, and regular wipedowns should keep them clean.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
This is my first Alcantara, always had leather before and agree good treatment and frequent gentle cleaning is the answer. Leather was not available on the SE L when I ordered and did not want the extra bits and bobs on the Edition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's meant to happen to the Alcantara with jeans? Do you mean wear or colouration?
Had it in our Audi A6 for the last 3 years, me and the wife both wear jeans and with only a weekly hoover they still looked like new when we sold it a few weeks back. Also had it in a Subaru with no probs, maybe just lucky.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, had never really thought about that before. We've ordered an edition so leather it is and conditioner already purchased.
Good info for new alcantara owners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A question about the alcantara seats: I know the sides are leather, but what is the back made of? I'm curious as it will doubtless get a lot of muddy feet against it from the kids! Leather (even if it was fake) would be ideal as it can easily be wiped down. Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts