Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those with Beige Leather interior, could you please post some own pictures of the dashboard and seats?
I always wanted Beige but recently saw few pics of Black leather with nice contrast stitching and was wondering if they looked better than beige on a day to day basis.
Also does beige get dirty easily with small kids?
Which one shows age/usage quicker Beige leather or black leather ?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beige will definetly get dirty faster. Talked to a friends who had a BMW with beige leather and kids and said that it looks alot better than black but you do have to clean it more, though less than fabric.

With leather you need to polish it twice a year with a special leather moisturiser cream to keep it healthy and crack-free. If you don't it will start to crack in about 5 years. If you take care of your leather it will be without craks for 10 years.

I personaly have black leather in my off road Jeep GC and had beige leather in my previous MB E class. Age of it shows depending of the underlining fabric used. I'ts mostly a grey colour, so when it starts to crack it will form grey lines (with beige it's light grey with black dark grey). On the black leather you have to look closely to spot them, while on the beige you see little light grey lines where the seat is stressed the most (door side). It's not ugly it's a graceful image of the car showing it's age.

Go for the beige (especialy if you have a darker car colour), because it looks alot better than full black interior. Care for your leather, especialy in the extreme summer heat and the extreme winter cold, that's when it cracks the most, and it will serve you crack-free for many many years.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've opted for beige leather. Taken a leap of faith especially with a 3 year old toddler. My current car has a light grey leather interior which has been easy to manage. It's relatively easy to clean leather as compared to fabric.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I chose beige in my Superb and we have brown in the Yeti (both L&Ks) and despite the beige leather having covered more miles it looks (and is) in better condition than the brown... the brown is 3 years old compared to 18 months old in the Superb though.

Modern leather no longer requires conditioning as all that will do is sit on top of the clear lacquer causing dirt and dust to stick to it which in turn then speeds up the wear, this is not my opinion but that of several people in the automotive leather industry.

If you do go for black then it is easy to see when it needs cleaning... it goes shiny (as opposed to the factory satin finish) the shine is actually the dirt on the seats / steering wheel etc, even 'clean' hands will make the wheel go shiny as the bodies natural oils are transferred to the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts