Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon after a good waxing session yesterday (no not me, Ouch!) the car :p ... it rained.
I didn't mind to much, I do love the beading from good waxes :geek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My attempt at artsy shots (yes attempt being the operative word) :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
After my Gtechniq being applied mine beads exactly the same. I don't know whether you have noticed rain entering the car. Went out this morning with my car well beading. When we opened the rear doors the water was beading so well it ran off over the sides landing on the plastic inner sill covers. Have now decided to carry a cloth for when we open the doors.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ kthuno: Product is Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
@ kodiaqDna: Odd as it may seem, as of yet, I have not opened the hatch in the Kodiaq in the rain, but yes, used to get that on the Octavia.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Savage said:
@ kthuno: Product is Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
@ kodiaqDna: Odd as it may seem, as of yet, I have not opened the hatch in the Kodiaq in the rain, but yes, used to get that on the Octavia.
I was referring to the rear passenger doors not the hatch. Looks like the I have that too come. My last car a Vauxhall Mokka was the same. It seems to be the way that cars are made now. The side taper in as you go up the vehicle and are no longer are they a straight up box section, so when the water runs off it goes straight in. Seems it is a design fault with most cars theses days and one we will all have to live with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Savage said:
Soon after a good waxing session yesterday (no not me, Ouch!) the car :p ... it rained.
I didn't mind to much, I do love the beading from good waxes :geek:

There is something deeply satisfying about that isn't there? :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plant Water resources Sky Road surface Asphalt

As you say just love the beading.
Since my detail the windscreen has stayed clean with no much and grime accumulating. This Gtechniq stuff really seems to work and brings out the best in me.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And some QD/Liquid coating applied today, just before the rain came, had a couple of different ones untested, so used one on the roof and rails, and the other everywhere else :)

This is Alien Magic Argon on the roof and rails:

And Adams Gloss and Guard H20 on the rest of the car:

Here are the 2 together, Alien Magic up top and below the crease Adams G&G H20:

IMO the Adams has a deeper gloss when the car is dry, and the fact you can use it on glass and plastic too simplifies life :)
Maybe you can with the Alien Magic too, but I wasn't sure so the only plastic that got put on, is the roof rail bits as a test. No white yet :geek:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Weird what people like innit! I agree completely. They are most pleasing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts