Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably just being stupid but I wonder if someone can help?
The manual suggests that the third row of seats folds up to give a deep, flat boot floor. However when I pull on the tags and lift, the seats just tilt to about 20 degrees and are then stopped by a short telescopic strut extended to its full length on each side. I assume they must go further but the pictures and instructions in the manual are not clear.

·
Registered
194 Posts
They will fold flat.

The headrests should push all the way down, but rather than this, pull the 2nd row if seats forward a couple of inches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I am OK with that bit. The thing that I don't understand is how (or if) you can fold the seats up altogether to make a shorter but deeper load compartment. If you remove the lid of the deep well at the back of the boot you find two tags, which if pulled simultaneously, release the seats to allow them to hinge from the front. However, they are then prevented from moving to the vertical by two short telescopic struts, meaning that this seems to be a pointless exercise. There must surely be some useful purpose to this mechanism (and the handbook seems to suggest that there is something more than just folding the backs flat)?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is that not a mechanism to allow access to a spare wheel?

I don't have mine and when it arrives it will only have 5 seats but it's just a thought.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't think that that's an option on the Kodiaq.
I saw on the Karoq video that the back seats can fold forwards and also be removed. That may be what happens to the Kodiaq 2nd and third row seats in the future but from everything I have seen (and that's a lot of youtube reviews), it is not something that is available today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes the 3rd row seats tilt forwards by about 30 degrees when you pull up on both tabs at the same time to allow access to the spare wheel

·
Registered
61 Posts
Remember that the spare wheel is an option so you may not have one. If you went for Canton stereo you had to get a space saver wheel. If not you may just have a storage space under the rear floor.

G

·
Has anyone worked out if it's possible to remove the headrests from the third row seats? I bought the Kodiaq mainly because of those extra 2 seats, but without removing the headrests the children's high back boosters won't fit safely, so kids have to go in the middle row and I'll have to put grandma in the third row which she won't be impressed with... The middle row headrests come out completely but the third row ones don't appear to... Any tips for getting them out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. I am also baffled by this.

In the manual it says the backrest of the third row of seats can fold down (of course).

But it also says the seats can be moved vertically downwards, creating a deeper boot. And from putting my hand underneath, there is definitely empty space underneath the seat bench.

To do this it basically says get the seatbelts out of the way and push down on the folded down seats. I've tried, but it seems to achieve nothing.

Has anyone else solved this issue?

John

·
Registered
194 Posts
JohnE said:
But it also says the seats can be moved vertically downwards, creating a deeper boot. And from putting my hand underneath, there is definitely empty space underneath the seat bench.

To do this it basically says get the seatbelts out of the way and push down on the folded down seats. I've tried, but it seems to achieve nothing.

Has anyone else solved this issue?

John
Hi John,

I've just looked in the manual (latest version) and can't find this. Where is it? Possibly an early version of the manual and now updated / removed?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi John,

I don't read that as "the seats can be moved downwards creating a deeper boot" as you've stated.

The seats can be pulled slightly upwards (as per arrow 2) which allows access underneath, and makes it easier for example to access the spare tyre (if fitted). Arrow number 3 is simply to push it back down into the normal lowered position. Unless I'm missing something there is no wording there which suggests that the entire seat mechanism can be pushed further down.

S.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh that's disappointing. The "further back" part of the boot (right at the back of the car) can be made deeper by removing the cover which is just above empty space. I had assumed therefore that the purpose of this was to allow a lower boot with the same floor level throughout. I guess I'll see if I can pull them up from where they are and then push them down again to prove your view. Thanks. I thought all cars of this ilk just came with 'run flats' now anyway!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts