Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think mine is working. Am I being a dim bugga?
I suppose I ought to read the manual :lol:
I got fairly close to a car in front of me yesterday and when it turned left into a side road I got the audible warning. but never as I approach a vehicle square on from the rear. Sensitivity set at max distance.
Any comments?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hmmm / you might want to get that checked out Colin.

When coming up behind car a bit quick the display in front of steering wheel displays a warning diagram, and on one occasion when I got too close there was an audible warning and brakes went on. This all without ACC engaged incidentally.

It may be that this autonomous function is not governed by distance you set on ACC, but is factory set. I was getting Seriously close when the brakes came on!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin, it would be good to get this checked out at a dealer if you're not getting any warnings when getting quite close to cars.

I believe it's supposed to be quite close when activating - check this video of the Tiguan at 2:46.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it is called Front Assist and as such is billed as being standard across the range. Perhaps we will only know if it is there when we deliberately drive at something!

·
Registered
175 Posts
KodiaqGirl said:
I think it is called Front Assist and as such is billed as being standard across the range. Perhaps we will only know if it is there when we deliberately drive at something!
- Yes, takes nerves of steel to test this one out. I only know mine works because guy in front suddenly stopped as turning left. Electronics got to the brake pedal at same time as I did.

Coincidentally I did get a warning up earlier today that "Front assist function impaired" and ACC wouldn't engage. It cleared after I restarted the car a couple of times, but I'll be keeping an eye on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts