Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Automatic gearbox fault

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  offroader 
#1 ·
This morning my car which is just over one week old failed to drive and announced that it had a gear box failure. I used the spanner button to connect with Skoda assist and they arranged for a technician to attend. An AA technician arrived and plugged his diagnostic machine into my car but unfortunately his machine couldn't communicate with the Kodiaq because it didn't have suitable software (the man said that mine was the first Kodiaq that he had seen). He tried to use Superb software but that didn't work either. So now I await a recovery truck and a courtesy car!

#4 ·
Presumably DSG. 6 or 7 speeder?
Hope you get it sorted asap. Hopefully just software.
I wonder where the K is going to end up in next years reliability poll. Not looking too good so far!

#6 ·
I have a DSG7 and the car threw up a warning that reverse was unavailable after a spot of hard acceleration from a standing start. Did the old 'turn it off and turn it on again' and the message was gone and reverse worked fine....

#7 ·
Sadly turning the ignition off and on again didn't work for my car, neither did the AA guy's idea of disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it. I'm told that "vehicle specific" spare parts for my car have been ordered by the garage but the person that knows what was ordered was not available to speak to me. Hopefully it will get fixed next week.

#8 ·
It's been 8 days since my Kodiaq went off on a recovery truck, now I'm pleased to say it's back and fixed. They had to replace the mechatronic part of the DSG gearbox and said that the problem was in the electronics which apparently stopped communicating with the car's system. The Service Manager delivered the car to me in person with profuse apologies (and a full tank of diesel) and said that they had never previously had a failure like this one. Fingers crossed that the repair is effective!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.