Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Attended Dartford Skoda launch event this evening. Was nervous having ordered the car already. Super pleased, it's awesome. Got to fiddle with it all and have seat. It's all top notch.

Recommend attending your local event when available

Well done skoda uk sorting these events

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually got my invite in today. I have seen the car in Paris but my partner hasn't. Nor my son who is very excited. 15th at night in east London.

Good as I ordered it in Dec. Now let's hope the rest of the family agrees. They'd better as we'll be off to Spain in the summer in it!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Finally got an invite today, short notice! Its for tomorrow - at my 'local' dealer which is not even in the same county. Still heard nothing whatsoever from simpsons who I ordered with in December. Wouldn't know anything about anything if it weren't for this forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi
Did you take notice of the loading height of the boot, I.e. how far off the ground is it to lift something into the boot?
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got my invite for Friday night in Leeds

·
Registered
31 Posts
Murphy3 could you please measure the width of the boot between the armrest when the 3rd row is folded down, I.e. the minimum width of the boot? It's the non-knowing of this figure which is stopping us from ordering. We are only on reserve list for our event next week. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was invited to my local dealer but can't make it as we are away :-(

The dealer where I actually ordered the vehicle from get's their viewing mid-week so looks like I will have to wait until it comes.
I have asked via Kodiaq Facebook page if there is a schedule for the one doing the rounds so maybe I will get a preview yet!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
This copied from Yeti forum, with my reply.

Milfmog

Points: 264 Post Options Post Options Posted: 32 minutes ago at 1:02pm
I went to the VIP launch night in Aylesbury on Wednesday. I did ask why, instead of offering a £500 pound upgrade on the stereo they did not knock £1000 off the price and get rid of the unwanted third row of seats that they are forcing buyers to take if they want a decent trim level. Stunned silence from the sales team and a round of "yeah, good question" from the other attendees.

Overall, the launch event was pretty underwhelming. The girl from the marketing team told us about the pretty headlights (they are) the imposing grill (looks just like all the other newer Skoda designs) and uuuhhh, the uuuhhh, oh yes the body lines that were inspired by crystals from the Chech republic (insert sounds of snoring from the audience at this point). Then she went quiet and just let us look over the car.

The Kodiaq; yeah, it's a large SUV. Just like every other large SUV. The most distinctive Skoda feature was the umbrellas in the door. It's a nice car, don't get me wrong, but there was nothing to make it really stand out in a crowded market and many of the things that have endeared the Yeti to me were missing. The middle row of seats folds flat but does not roll forward and cannot be removed from the car. The back row of seats can be folded flat into the floor, (which is nearly as good as not having them apart from the price and the lost storage space).

Rear quarter vision is non-existent and the long doors required to make access to the third row almost possible mean that on opening the rear doors a dog can escape from the boot between the back to the middle seats and the rear edge of the door. Hmmm, need to think about fixing that.

Loads of bells and whistles, including utterly valueless mood lighting on the door trim strip (you can even change it from one useless colour to another) and an electrically operated tow hitch, which may go some to the way to explaining why the dealer was talking "about £2000" for the full towing package. Oh yeah, one of those horrible electric parking brakes that I hated in the Passat.

I was genuinely considering upgrading changing to a Kodiaq in 16 months when my lease is up, but Sadly, I reckon the Skoda designers are too obsessed with building an Audi and have lost sight of what made the Yeti special. If the new Yeti follows the same approach I reckon I'll just buy mine at the end of the lease and hang on to it.

Have fun,

Ian.
Greenline II, Elegance. Jungle Green with Gobi Sand interior, Nevis alloys, LED tail lights & (most important of all) 2 x YetiOwnersClub stickers.

www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/yeti/2014/tazzymutt/371586
Colin Lambert View Drop Down

Thanks (0) Thanks(0) Quote Colin Lambert Quote Post ReplyReply New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 second ago at 1:34pm
Ian,
Thanks for that! My VIP night at Meadens is next Saturday.
I have already brought up the (for me) useless third row of seats. I would happily pay £1000 less for something I will NEVER use!
I have moaned at the dealer, not his fault, and I have moaned at Skoda U.K Executive Office. no repsonse. Dealer did say that the 7 seats will ensure a better residual which is important to me as I can't stop wasting my children's inheritance by changing cars every year or so!.
But hey-ho, too late now as mine will be in my sticky little paws second week in April if all goes to plan.
It has however won large SUV of the car in WhatCar and is generally reckoned to be very serious competition to all the other large SUVs and better value that the new RR Sport. (well that ain't difficult for an overpriced under reliable car!)
I take your point over it's looks, but what CAN they do when building a large SUV.(I don't like its bum but the front is not unpleasant).Unless you want an abortion like the Toyota CH-R YUK! Not if it was FREE would I be seen dead in one of those.
http://www.whatcar.com/toyota/c-hr/hatchback/review/
I'll report after I have had it for a week or two.
2015 1.2 DSG SE L. Petrol Blue, Gobi sand leather.Origami alloys.Dash cam.
Dip.Mech.Eng (Automotive)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Polar68 the minimum width of the boot was just under 1metre

Hope that helpz

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you will have gathered by now I am unable to keep my posts short!
I have now attended two launch events, being invited by two equidistant dealers vying(?) for my business.
I have to say that one certainly put on a better event than the other, perhaps indicated by the number of folk sitting down with salespersons and discussing models and options before the end. As interesting, or not as that might be, the two "Reveals" were almost identical, perhaps not surprising as the presentations were by the same Skoda Events rep. Well done Wesley (even though you didn't take up my suggestion for a more dramatic Reveal at the second Venue! Health and Safety apparently snookered that.
To the car. I think we have all seen loads of YouTube and other stuff with shots of the outside and inside, but when you can get up close you realise that despite the width (especially across wheel arches) available shoulder width in the second row is somehow disappointing and so Passenger 5 needs to be small framed.
As for the third row I was pleasantly surprised (as were perhaps the onlookers as I made my entry into that part of the car in a short skirt and heels). It is certainly not designed for that, but for a short journey I believe that with appropriate adjustment of 1st and 2nd row seats, is certainly possible to have 7 average adults in the car (Average, not Rugby Players - well done England, by the skin of your teeth!). And for a couple of youngsters it should be fine, but the model on display had no USB sockets for the required tablets kids of that age would need for a more lengthy journey.
The model on display (apparently SE L equivalent and destined for Finland) also had a continental 230v low ampere socket in the second row and nobody could tell me what would be in the UK version. It also was equipped with auxiliary Heating which I really liked but is not going to be available in the UK (so I was told). OK, we probably don't get temperatures in rural Kent that can compare with northern Finland, but the idea of being able to instruct the car to warm itself up whilst having your breakfast and then being all toasty :lol: when you get into it rather appeals.
And what else? The demo's wheels were Triglav, all shiny alloy. That might look good with a grey or white car but with the Quartz Grey displayed it seemed to be out of place and too much of a contrast. The brochure seems to show Anthracite Triglav, which look great with Quartz Grey but
nobody could confirm whether those are available, and if so how to order them!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

At the first venue the battery charger had failed so it was not possible to do a proper evaluation of all the electronic gizmos and although at the second, the battery had some juice, they (whoever "they" are) would not allow the ignition to be switched on, resulting in no opportunity to investigate the Connectivity in any depth. Were they worried we would start the car and race off into the night? Or is it that some of what is on offer might not live up to the hype? They couldn't tell me whether the infotainment system model was Amundsen or Columbus, so again disappointing from an investigative point of view.
I understand that the Sales Manager of the local Audi dealer had come to the event and expressed a concern that the Kodiaq is serious competition to the Q7. That has to be good, doesn't it?
So do I like it? Well certainly yes. It would be really good if Skoda UK equipped itself with the knowledge to answer all our questions and then to ensure some of these continental Extras / Options be made available here.

So come on April.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
KodiaqGirl said:
The model on display (apparently SE L equivalent and destined for Finland) also had a continental 230v low ampere socket in the second row and nobody could tell me what would be in the UK version. It also was equipped with auxiliary Heating which I really liked but is not going to be available in the UK (so I was told). OK, we probably don't get temperatures in rural Kent that can compare with northern Finland, but the idea of being able to instruct the car to warm itself up whilst having your breakfast and then being all toasty :lol: when you get into it rather appeals.
And what else? The demo's wheels were Triglav, all shiny alloy. That might look good with a grey or white car but with the Quartz Grey displayed it seemed to be out of place and too much of a contrast. The brochure seems to show Anthracite Triglav, which look great with Quartz Grey but
nobody could confirm whether those are available, and if so how to order them!!
I was told it was an Edition equivalent spec :roll:
The ventilated leather seats certainly confirmed this as the SE L equivalent cars doing the VIP events (the white ones) have Alcantara (leather is not an option AIUI on the SE L) you would think ALL of the salesmen would have been briefed on what spec the car actually was.

The 230v power supply was never an option in the UK on the Superb... despite it being available on the continent, something to do with type approval IIRC, obviously it would have been a 2 pin plug anyway, an inverter is not very expensive anyway if you really need 230v in the car.

I too would like the auxiliary heating to be offered, can't see that happening though :(

I am with you regarding the Triglav wheels, they do not suit the Quartz Grey IMO and I would not really be happy with them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If the car has CD/DVD in the glove compartment then it has Columbus navi.

I knew from the beginning that 40:20:40 middle seats mean 2 passangers and never 3. For trio I would have to order Espace or S-max. Fortunately I have only 2 kids and their grandparents drive their own cars.

As owner I never bother with how my car looks from outside. But I really care about interrior and hi tech gadgets that the car us iffering me ;)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Gizmo, others on this forum have apparently discovered that leather is now an option on SE L.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
At the time it wasn't on the configurator, but for some reason it was on the dealers options list.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im out of touch with the launch events but would really like to attend one, does anyone know if there is one up and coming in the NW?

I was at a VW garage today comparing widths on the Tourag and Tiguan, I much prefer the Tourag, I found the Tiguan a little cramped width wise and given the Kodiaq is built om the same Tiguan platform I thought I best check it out.

Any info appreciated?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Attended Kodiaq event yesterday very impressed with the Kodiaq delighted that I have ordered one. Also checked the 7 seater SEL equivalent that was on display and found a spare/ space saver wheel under the variable floor which was then confirmed to me that I would be getting one in the Edition I have ordered. Some on the forum will remember I was originally told it was not available but like others happy to be getting it free along with the Canton system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts