Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a message from the Sales team at my local Skoda dealer this afternoon (Bank Holiday Monday as well!) saying that my car, which I ordered on 2 Oct, has been assigned a build week. He didn't say what that build week was, just that one had been assigned.

Does anyone have any recent experience of timescale from build week to delivery? I'm expecting something like 10-12 weeks, so even if the build week is in January, I wouldn't expect to get my car until into March or even April.

Initial quote was 28 weeks from order to delivery, which would be 15 April, but it's possible it could be slightly quicker than that.

On a more troubling note, the dealer has a car that is almost exactly the same spec - Sportline 2.0TDi 200 in the same colour. I was told that it was off the road at the time I ordered my car back at the beginning of October with an engine fault and they were awaiting spares. It was a bit unspecified exactly what the fault was, but the slightly worrying thing is that it is still off the road and still awaiting spares 3 months later...

Have I done the right thing? My current car is utterly reliable - I'd hate to change into something that will give me no end of trouble...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Without wishing to burst your bubble, I got a build week quite quickly, and my car reached it's build week (last week of October iirc) and has been sitting on that status for two months now.

Don't assume your build week means anything at all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not making any assumptions - provided I get my car by 19 Jan 23 then that will be fine - that's more than a year away and seeing as I ordered on 2 Oct 21, think I ought to be safe in getting it before the PCP runs out on my current car...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, not making any assumptions - provided I get my car by 19 Jan 23 then that will be fine - that's more than a year away and seeing as I ordered on 2 Oct 21, think I ought to be safe in getting it before the PCP runs out on my current car...
U should get it by then

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I was in at the dealer today for my car's first MOT as well as Haldex oil & filter and brake fluid change and got the chance to quiz the salesman about my new car. It's been assigned a build week of 10/22 which would be mid-march, so expect it around late April/early May all being well. Also got a confirmation of the build spec and all of the options were included, including the Canton, which you can no longer order.

Also finally got the chance to drive the Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TDi 200 demonstrator they've got - lovely engine, much smoother than my current car. Virtual dash is amazing but I didn't get on with some of the changes to the software on the infotainment system, specifically the Home page. Each time I went to it, there seemed to be a second page with 6 squares, each with a + symbol in it, presumably to add your own shortcuts to a second page on the Home menu. The annoying thing was that it always went to the blank page 2 each time you selected Home rather than the actual home page with the Satnav view taking up 2/3 of the screen and then Telephone and Audio on the right side. Can't see why? Anyone with an MY22 car seen this and know what you can do with those additional views on the Home screen?

Sadly it's got to go back in as the MOT was a failure based on the slightly chewed seatbelt for the 3rd row after our puppy got at it about 6 months ago. Annoying as I'd actually forgotten about it and would have got it fixed sooner if I'd remembered. Cost is quite astronomic though - £372!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts