Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Query
I am trying to add a "Area view with rear LED lights high option". But when I select it , the "Rear view camera with LED rear lights high" option gets removed. I value the back camera more than the Ariel view.

Does this mean when "Area view with rear LED lights high option" is selected, a rear view camera is automatically included, so no need to add it separately or does it mean I cannot have both together (sorry if this sounds silly).

Second Query
Regarding the service package of £279, they only seem to do a visual check, oil and filter change. More like 2 interim services in 2 years. Doesn't sound like a good deal. Should I get one or else get the interim service done at a manufacturer approved service center.

Third Query
Given the amount of camera/technology built into this car, and based on previous Skoda reliability experience, is it recommended to buy a 4 or 5 year extended warranty or is it not worth a extra fee(£300 or£630 resp.). I currently plan to keep the car for a while.

This is my first ever new car purchase so I am a bit lost :roll:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
1. Area View includes the rear camera.

2. Sorry, not sure about the service package. You should check how much they cost individually and decide.

3. I personally would pick it but looking at reliability surveys Skodas seem to be very good reliability wise.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
503 Posts
Service plan is possibly not a saving, but neither is it too bad IMO. It does protect you from price rises and you know that its something you don't have to shell out for later.
The warranty is a piece of mind thing, as mentioned generally Skoda are reliable, but we know how flaky electronics can be, and there is lot of it. I took the 4 year deal on my order.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The service plan will be cheaper than paying for them at the time (my Superb was £222 for the 1st VARIABLE service)

Are you considering a DSG?
I personally would not own a DSG out of warranty (which is why I opted for the 5 year warranty) the mechatronic unit (ECU for the DSG) will cost you £1.500+ if it goes wrong... and they DO go wrong.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your views. I have gone for DSG and extra camera bits
Service and Warranty looks more sensible even though they are not a great deal.

I really wonder if anyone managed to buy the car at £21,000 as advertised. My price is creeping close to 2015 used Volvo XC90. I have paid £1000 deposit.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I would not buy the extended warranty until near the end of the 3 years. It is not cheap and you may sell it on before then or, God forbid, it gets written off, you will loose a substantial amount of money.
I tend to change every year, but SWMBO says I have to keep the K for at least 3 years. If I keep it longer I WILL buy the extended warranty.
I would not keep ANY car out of warranty these days, Not even a Honda or a Mazda (top two most reliable cars)

·
Registered
314 Posts
The problem with buying the extended warranty after you collect the car is it is not the full warranty you get when ordering it from the factory!
You could buy GAP insurance if you are worried about writing the car off.

So read all the exclusions from a dealer offered warranty to see what is NOT included (some do not cover the DSG!)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Another item that has vanished from the Config system seems to be the extended Warranty, which my dealer told be had to be added at order time. I wonder what is happening?????

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
The problem with buying the extended warranty after you collect the car is it is *not the full warranty you get when ordering it from the factory!

So read all the exclusions from a dealer offered warranty to see what is NOT included (some do not cover the DSG!)
*Not true according to Skoda web site.
http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hope your right Colin about the warranty. I wasn't planning on getting it till the end of 3 years too. What about breakdown cover is it 3 years?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Gizmo68 said:
The problem with buying the extended warranty after you collect the car is it is *not the full warranty you get when ordering it from the factory!

*Not true according to Skoda web site.
http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty
There is a subpage on the on the Skoda website link you shared which states the extended warranty has to be bought at the time of ordering the new vehicle. The direct link to the page in question can be found here:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty/reasons-to-extend-your-cover

The Skoda warranty after sale carries manufacturer approval, but has exceptions which the factory warranty would have covered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts