Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 'edition' has rain sensitive wipers.

I have it ticked 'on' in infotainment - car setup for both front and rear. the headlights are on 'auto'. I set off this evening in the rain and..nothing.

Anyone else had the rain sensitive wipers working?

·
Registered
617 Posts
You can control the speed of the automatic wiper. Look at the switch on the stick on the right side (there are 4 settings I donated by the size of water droplet; I've got mine in the 2nd smallest one).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree with what you're asking. But on mine even if it's already in the auto position, you have to return the stalk to off and then back to auto every journey before the auto function starts working. Was the same with my Octavia.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Octavia must be different. How old was it? All my Yetis and the K, I leave the wiper stalk in the auto/fast position all the time and as soon as it rains, off they go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think from what I have read (will try out this evening) - I have been doing the wrong thing. I have 'as previously stated', left the lights on 'Auto' but I have the wiper stalk in the off position. I have read that I need to have it in 'intermittent', is that correct?

I think I have been confused from twofold, 1: my previous A6 with rain sensing only needed the lights on auto, the stalk didnt need moving. 2: Also - I took intermittent to mean that the wipers wouldn't stop wiping (fully)?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Spot on darkKnight! Move the wiper stalk up one from off! The adjust speed with small toggle on top of stalk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes as others have said above darkKnight54 that is exactly how mine is set and works every time which is the same as my Yeti was, hopefully yours will work too now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some confusion here. If you have auto wipers the control stalk looks identical to one if you don't have it.

Turn it on in the car settings menu. When you need it, move the stalk to the intermittent position and it will wipe once and then go into auto mode.
The stalk is the same in case you want to turn it off and use the variable timing wheel to adjust the intermittent wipe.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
DK. try my solution if you have a tiny flat bladed screwdriver. You might be able to do it in situ. I took mine out just to see how it all worked with the adjusting screw etc.
It certainly worked for me. I now have a sparkly screen, whereas before it was all smeared!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My auto wipers rarely come on in a timely manner. I have to cajole them into life by flicking the little intermittent interval switch on the stalk.

Auto wipers! Auto lights! Answers looking for questions. A complete PITA.

On too late. Or on too soon. I control mine manually as and when I want them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts