Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we will be getting our new 1.4 tsi 125ps manual in 2 or 3 weeks. We have never had a new car and not driven a petrol engine for some time. Any advice on what to do / not do in the first few weeks of ownership?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was told that new cars don't need running in, just drive them normally! Don't go nuts like you are trying for first spot on the grid.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
The brief guide is there just so you know the basics - better to read the manual to get fully acquainted with the car.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You don't have to run it in as you had to in the 'old days'. For the first couple of thousand miles, just don't let it labour in any gear, use the appropriate cog for the situation, don't red line it ever and make full use of all the gears so that they all 'bed in' equally.
Back in the 70's I had two Hillman Avenger company cars, one after the other (in those days you were supposed to run them in gently for at least 1000 miles.) The first one was treated very gently and I bought it off Shell, sold it to my Father in law, who eventually sold it on at 92,000miles, never having spent a penny on the engine.
The second one I caned from day one. At 18k miles it had a new engine under warranty!! NUFF SAID!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts