Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0tdi 200 2022
71 Posts
Collected today. So far impressions are good with better build quality than my 2018 Edition.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: Sliveredge

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0tdi 200 2022
71 Posts
Hey shep

lovely looking motor, can you tell me what side the mirror usb c is on?
Drivers /right side unfortunately. It'll need a 30cm+ cable, ideally 90deg at the socket end to get across to the passenger side and that's assuming the camera connection is next to the mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today confirming my Kodiaq has been built and released. Just another 4 weeks or so for the delivery to the dealership. Anticipate a pick up date towards the end of May. Can't wait!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well my new car is here, although there was a little disappointment on a few fronts on collecting it, starting with when I drove in to the dealer to drop of the old car and collect the new one to see my new car sitting outside the showroom and it's the WRONG COLOUR!!!

Had a discussion with the salesperson, who was pretty mortified and thought I was winding him up! Once home I've checked the original order form and sure enough, that also has the wrong colour on it - it states quite clearly that I ordered Meteor Grey when I wanted Race Blue. Ho hum, not the end of the world, it's what I've had for the past 3+ years and actually I think it looks great on a Sportline, it's just not what I intended (or thought!) I'd ordered.

Also the Skoda Connect doesn't work so I can't set up my profile on the car, the SOS button doesn't work (shows a flashing red light and then no green light) and there's no traffic information on the Satnav. Hopefully they'll sort that out when it goes back in on Wednesday, but it's not what you expect on a new car.

Finally (and thankfully I checked!), they'd put the wrong figure on the finance settlement on the paperwork. They'd used the outstanding balance figure from the beginning of April and not the settlement figure (which then doesn't include the interest for the next 10 months) from late April, after I'd made the payment on 15 April for my previous finance deal. It was wrong to the tune of £914.17! Thankfully once they could see that I wasn't overly happy with the colour being wrong, they didn't quibble and just knocked that much off the deposit I was paying - happy days!

At least it has all the options I added, including the CANTON, which was the one I was worried might get deleted as you can't order it since about November I think.

First impressions - loving the virtual cockpit, loving the additional KESSY sensors on the rear handles, loving the redesigned rear lights, and especially loving that the engine is much smoother and a little bit quieter than the old one.

Anyway, here's the only picture I've got thus far - very shiny!

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
560 Posts
Drivers /right side unfortunately. It'll need a 30cm+ cable, ideally 90deg at the socket end to get across to the passenger side and that's assuming the camera connection is next to the mirror.
I bought one of these from eBay a few months back, hoping it would work and also fit. It's perfect! I'll try to take a picture to show how it sits, wrapped around the bottom of the rear view mirror housing and into the dashcam mount for my Nextbase 522GW.
Mini 5 Pin Male to Angled USB 3.1 Type C Male OTG Data Charging Cable Converter 5055527524169 | eBay

·
Registered
560 Posts
I bought one of these from eBay a few months back, hoping it would work and also fit. It's perfect! I'll try to take a picture to show how it sits, wrapped around the bottom of the rear view mirror housing and into the dashcam mount for my Nextbase 522GW.
Mini 5 Pin Male to Angled USB 3.1 Type C Male OTG Data Charging Cable Converter 5055527524169 | eBay
I managed to take a few photos of my dashcam installed in my new car - cable works really well, the dashcam turns on and off with the ignition and thus far seems to charge as I'm driving. Much better position than in my previous car as well - the Nextbase 522GW thankfully came with a spare base part to the mount that sticks to the windscreen, so it was just a case of taking the old one off with some dental floss and then peeling the remainder of the 3M sticky pad off the windscreen. New base just clipped onto the mount and it was good to go.

In my old car I had the Nextbase hardwire kit, which I had routed along the top of the roof lining, tucked it as best I could down the front edge of the A pillar on the passenger side and then routed it around the base of the A pillar and then in to the fuse box behind the glovebox. Not easy to access, but once you get the knack of how to drop the glovebox down, it's not too difficult. There was also a spade terminal earth that went to one of the bolts at the end of the frame that holds the dash in place and that seemed to work.

In my new car, just plug in the short USB-C cable and route it around the bottom of the rear view mirror housing and then stick the mount in place. It's ended up much more hidden behind the rear view mirror when viewed from the driver's seat, so much better. Still think that it won't pick up the GPS position because of the heated screen, but not much I can do about that.

Anyway, here's the pictures for those that are interested, view from the driver's seat first:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror Vehicle

Automotive lighting Mirror Automotive mirror Hood Automotive tire

Vehicle Window Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 sportline in race blue
14 Posts
I managed to take a few photos of my dashcam installed in my new car - cable works really well, the dashcam turns on and off with the ignition and thus far seems to charge as I'm driving. Much better position than in my previous car as well - the Nextbase 522GW thankfully came with a spare base part to the mount that sticks to the windscreen, so it was just a case of taking the old one off with some dental floss and then peeling the remainder of the 3M sticky pad off the windscreen. New base just clipped onto the mount and it was good to go.

In my old car I had the Nextbase hardwire kit, which I had routed along the top of the roof lining, tucked it as best I could down the front edge of the A pillar on the passenger side and then routed it around the base of the A pillar and then in to the fuse box behind the glovebox. Not easy to access, but once you get the knack of how to drop the glovebox down, it's not too difficult. There was also a spade terminal earth that went to one of the bolts at the end of the frame that holds the dash in place and that seemed to work.

In my new car, just plug in the short USB-C cable and route it around the bottom of the rear view mirror housing and then stick the mount in place. It's ended up much more hidden behind the rear view mirror when viewed from the driver's seat, so much better. Still think that it won't pick up the GPS position because of the heated screen, but not much I can do about that.

Anyway, here's the pictures for those that are interested, view from the driver's seat first:
View attachment 2880
View attachment 2879
View attachment 2878
View attachment 2877
Cheers I’ll get one of these brought in ready for then the car gets here

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered a Skoda Kodiaq Sportline to lease in July 2021 through a company called lease4less and have not had a build date yet. Does anyone know how long the lead times are for lease cars these days? I know the delay is due to the semiconductor shortage, but it’s still frustrating having to wait this long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We ordered a Skoda Kodiaq Sportline to lease in July 2021 through a company called lease4less and have not had a build date yet. Does anyone know how long the lead times are for lease cars these days? I know the delay is due to the semiconductor shortage, but it’s still frustrating having to wait this long.
Reading between the lines on here. It look as if lease company’s are getting a raw deal and not many are receiving orders from early 2021 like yourself.
Looks as if Skoda are dealing with direct customers first

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reading between the lines on here. It look as if lease company’s are getting a raw deal and not many are receiving orders from early 2021 like yourself.
Looks as if Skoda are dealing with direct customers first
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that seems to be the case. I am very curious to know how much longer we might have to wait until we get our lease car, if we are talking this summer or autumn or next year. But nobody seems to be able to answer this question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered through Embrace Leasing who used Lex Autolease for the finance early January 22 and yet to hear anything. Was hoping to have it by the summer but going by your experiences it sounds like I will be lucky to get it this year!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I order my lease early october and had an email 2 weeks back for a build date which was september this year which means nothing as I know guys have had build dates and they just move month to month
And I'd take that build date with a huge pinch of salt - Skoda don't allocate the build weeks that far ahead afaik, it's more like 6-8 weeks ahead of build that a confirmed build week is allocated, and even then it can change. If it's your lease company that has told you that you have a September build date, then my suspicion is that they're just sticking a pin in a calendar and telling you something in the hope that you don't lose faith and cancel the order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
had been emails every month with basicly order hadnt been accepted with factory they would continue to chase order' which was due may then got email it is an estimated build date of 12th september.

again under no illusion that it will come then as i follow these forums and i know how long people have been waiting, order will stay in place for now, but am looking for other cars as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
had been emails every month with basicly order hadnt been accepted with factory
I had an email from ŠKODA saying order accepted by factory on 9th April 2022 I ordered direct from dealer on 29th March 2022

This is for a sportline with 5 extras 1.5tsi in raceblue.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Petrol engine delays of 36 weeks now
That's from skoda

321 - 340 of 346 Posts