Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2.0tdi 200 2022
71 Posts
Anything new on your delivery status?
Just spoken to the dealer and it's in the UK so hopefully with me in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Kodiaq sportline with VC as the only option in June 21, was told I’d get the car in November, and still haven’t even had a build week. Lease company are saying that it’s due to chip shortage but yet people who ordered later have already received their cars? WTF is going on here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a Kodiaq sportline with VC as the only option in June 21, was told I’d get the car in November, and still haven’t even had a build week. Lease company are saying that it’s due to chip shortage but yet people who ordered later have already received their cars? WTF is going on here?
Lease company! You only borrow the car so all sales order have a priority you place order in June and still nothing. I order with retailer with PCP in January 17 and my car it’s already in shop will take around 3 days for preparation and I will pick up next week 😀 can’t wait

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've just been given an update from the dealer that my end of Sept order has an unconfirmed build week 17. Should it stay that way, I would expect an end of May delivery.

Great to get a positive update but not getting hopes up as previous unconfirmed build week in early Jan was removed and never reallocated until now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Delivery waiting times from order seem somewhat variable - I ordered on 2 Oct 21 and I'm still waiting, but at least my car is built and waiting to be shipped across the Channel. Hopefully I'll get delivery before the end of April. This seems about right and somewhere near the average to me.

And yet some, such as ALEXPPSK ordered way after me and have delivery imminently. 3-4 months from order to delivery is really impressive in the current climate!

And then others, in particular anyone ordering through a lease company, are having to wait far longer. Doesn't seem there's an equitable allocation of build slots to me - it shouldn't matter whether you're a private buyer, fleet buyer or lease buyer - at the end of the day we're all customers and all people, and we should all be treated fairly, regardless of the method of paying for the car.

Just my 2p-worth...

Reactions: Simolfc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same situation as myself who ordered in July, I'm convinced that the car has been built already and sold on by the dealer. It's been rumoured on other forums that Skoda are selling on cars ordered before the price increases for higher margins and assuming that people waiting for this long will cancel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just been notified that my new Sportline is being registered next Tuesday 12/04/22 so hopefully pick it up next week

Reactions: Sliveredge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happy (jealous) for those who are getting their orders soon but what's the deal with orders arriving weeks or even months before some despite having a later order date!?

Just goes to show Skoda are really being disingenuous when they say orders are built based on their place in the order book. Seems near identical specs are being progressed yet others are not.

To top it off, there's an increasing number of stock cars with dealers that are selling at the updated prices. Surely those builds should've been allocated to customer orders to clear the backlog.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well I got to choose my number plate this week from the list allocated to the dealer - managed to get something that's sort of relevant to me (without saying what it is for obvious reasons!) and also got an update today that my car is now status 40, so it's made it across the Channel. Not long now hopefully!

·
Registered
On Order - Skoda Kodiaq Sport1.5 TSI
17 Posts
Guess what plates going on mine if it ever turns up. There‘s a clue somewhere here.

Reactions: LJK and scratch113

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been informed earlier this morning that the car I've ordered on July has been sold privately to a customer over 150miles away in Southampton which was ordered in December. Therefore I would urge anyone still awaiting a vehicle to investigate the current status as I fear you may fall victim to similar foul play. I will now continue to pursue an alternative manufacturer, apologies for the brief stint on this forum

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been informed earlier this morning that the car I've ordered on July has been sold privately to a customer over 150miles away in Southampton which was ordered in December. Therefore I would urge anyone still awaiting a vehicle to investigate the current status as I fear you may fall victim to similar foul play. I will now continue to pursue an alternative manufacturer, apologies for the brief stint on this forum
Well that's pretty shocking and very underhand by the dealer. Was it through a lease company by chance?
Good luck with other manufacturers, although I fear you may have a long wait whichever route you choose - the exception seems to be Tesla who I've heard are able to fulfill orders for a Model 3 placed now within 3 months, but that could change with the situation in China affecting the Gigafactory there. The price has also shot up massively since this time 6 months ago - one of my friends at work bought a standard range Model 3 with no options for just under £40k last October. The same car is now £46k. That's a 15% increase!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a joke m8 I'm same as u
But u can get all ur admin fee back

·
Registered
71 Posts
Call from the dealer today: car is due there next Wednesday and collect Friday (ordered 10/11/21).
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance.
I cancelled and they gave me the £500 back without any fuss. Told me it wouldn't affect them as they'd sell the car straight away anyway.

Quite happy to hang on to my brilliant 2017 Kodiaq (y)

301 - 320 of 346 Posts