Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I bet they are going to have a few cancelled orders! I wouldn't wait that long for a new car.
No wonder late second hand car prices are rocketing. My Karoq is going up about £200 a week😀
My current 2019 Kodiaq 2.0TDi 190 4x4 Sportline went from an initial £29k to £31.5k in the space of 3 weeks through September according to WBAC...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its now been 5 months since my order date and not even so much as a build date as of yet. My anticipated delivery date has come and gone and unfortunately I don't see an end to this issue, I would be surprised to pick mine up before Q2 2022.

I understand its a global supply issue however I cant help but think Skoda have mismanaged the situation worse than all other manufacturers

·
Registered
6 Posts
how long is the factory's shut is it rest of the year to work through one laying finished awaiting the chips?

done finance on mine through lease company few weeks back so order wont even have been accepted yet kind of sitting waiting to here back that order may not go a head as there so behind might eventually stop taking orders because of the back log, reading more of people posting how long they order and still no build date.

·
Registered
387 Posts
how long is the factory's shut is it rest of the year to work through one laying finished awaiting the chips?

done finance on mine through lease company few weeks back so order wont even have been accepted yet kind of sitting waiting to here back that order may not go a head as there so behind might eventually stop taking orders because of the back log, reading more of people posting how long they order and still no build date.
This was published on Reuters website on Sunday:
Volkswagen's Skoda to resume production after two-week outage
Production restarted apparently, but that could mean they're just concentrating on finishing the thousands of part built cars that are currently parked on various airfields around the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My current 2019 Kodiaq 2.0TDi 190 4x4 Sportline went from an initial £29k to £31.5k in the space of 3 weeks through September according to WBAC...
I have on order from 2nd August Kodiaq or a 2.0TDi, DSG 200, 7 seater L & K with additional travel assist pack. My existing March 2020 Kodiaq Edition, DSG 190 7 seater, late August offered £31,000 by webuyanycar then mid October offered £36,100 at inspection for 1 scratch and a few stone chips I accepted £35,400 which was £2,000 more than I paid for the car brand new 20 months ago. Dealer said new car is built but awaiting chips, initially at order given end of December delivery, but not hopeful. At the moment carless and getting fit on electric bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have on order from 2nd August Kodiaq or a 2.0TDi, DSG 200, 7 seater L & K with additional travel assist pack. My existing March 2020 Kodiaq Edition, DSG 190 7 seater, late August offered £31,000 by webuyanycar then mid October offered £36,100 at inspection for 1 scratch and a few stone chips I accepted £35,400 which was £2,000 more than I paid for the car brand new 20 months ago. Dealer said new car is built but awaiting chips, initially at order given end of December delivery, but not hopeful. At the moment carless and getting fit on electric bike.
Win-win then - money in the bank and free fitness included!

I'm not brave enough to sell my current car early and then just hope the new one will arrive as promised in late April. I'll reassess value when the new car arrives at the dealer (whenever that may be) and just hope that the difference between the value and the finance settlement will be larger than offered a month ago. I at least have a 12 month guarantee that it won't be less than the deal I've signed. Pretty amazing to sell your car for £2k more than you paid for it after 20 months though!

I'd be fairly hopeful of you getting your car around the end of the year still though - Skoda have said they're now concentrating on completing the unfinished cars, and it sounds like yours is one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got call from dealer. Car safely in Uk and I should be able to pick it up by mid to end of next week!!!! Finally for those still waiting…good things come to those that wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mark - I placed order beginning Aug at dealer… was part of stock already on order from dealer I believe end of June beginning July. Was Built week 38
Thanks - Just called the dealer he said my car was also built week 38 but no status update since then. He said they could be notified at any time that it is in transit to UK. On order 2.0L TDI, 200 DSG L & K Grpahite Grey. This will be my third Kodiaq.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks - Just called the dealer he said my car was also built week 38 but no status update since then. He said they could be notified at any time that it is in transit to UK. On order 2.0L TDI, 200 DSG L & K Grpahite Grey. This will be my third Kodiaq.
You are very welcome. Yeah I didn’t have any choice in extras . Getting Graphite Grey 1.5 TSI SEL. Changing my Black 2.0 TDI SEL. . Keep your faith I am sure it will come. Was told by dealer they have a few higher spec one like yours being delayed by chips exct. Fingers crossed you won’t have to wait too long

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I never ………!! Dealer emailed tonight saying logistics company brought my car delivery forward and it will be delivered to dealer this weekend . Pickup early next week instead of end of the week…..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great, look forwards to see some lovely pictures, all the best!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up my Face Lift Kodiaq tonight!!! Will miss my 67 Plate Kodiaq but the facelift WOW…. Those Matrix Headlights are AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Picked up my Face Lift Kodiaq tonight!!! Will miss my 67 Plate Kodiaq but the facelift WOW…. Those Matrix Headlights are AMAZING!!!!
Excellent news and congratulations! Can't wait for mine - matrix LEDs was always something I thought should have been available at least as an option from launch of the Kodiaq as it wasn't as if VAG didn't have the technology available. Even my wife's 2015 Merc C Class has the "Intelligent LED" headlights, which whilst they're not as good as full matrix, they do a pretty good job and are way better than the simple on/off highbeam on my current car.

How are you finding the 1.5TSI compared to your old 2.0TDI?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are amazing…. For some reason I find it smoother than my 2.0 TDI.. what I did find on the highway especially with overtaking I think the 2.0 had a bit more punch. But I am sure if I use Sport mode there should be no issues. Overall I was worried that the petrol would be lots more underpowered than diesel… def not the case … there is plenty. I have also noticed that all 4 doors instead of just the from 2 have Kessy entrance and I quite like that. Very nice and nice to drive I am happy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations, so excited for when mine arrives. Keep looking at the webcam of the airfield where Skoda are storing part finished Kodiaqs and the numbers are going down. Hopefully mine is soon yo be finished:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations, so excited for when mine arrives. Keep looking at the webcam of the airfield where Skoda are storing part finished Kodiaqs and the numbers are going down. Hopefully mine is soon yo be finished:)
It’s def worth the wait trust me

·
Registered
387 Posts
They are amazing…. For some reason I find it smoother than my 2.0 TDI.. what I did find on the highway especially with overtaking I think the 2.0 had a bit more punch. But I am sure if I use Sport mode there should be no issues. Overall I was worried that the petrol would be lots more underpowered than diesel… def not the case … there is plenty. I have also noticed that all 4 doors instead of just the from 2 have Kessy entrance and I quite like that. Very nice and nice to drive I am happy
Yes, I'd read somewhere that the KESSY was now on all 4 doors. It's something I had on my LR Disco Sport and whilst only a little thing, it's definitely more convenient having it on all of the doors. Another thing I'll have on my new car that I don't have just now!

I've stuck with diesel though, albeit it's a new engine and 200bhp as opposed to 190bhp I have now. Not yet driven one with the newer engine, but it's meant to be a smoother diesel. Never going to be like a petrol though. I toyed with the idea of a vRS, but couldn't justify the extra it would have cost, so stuck with Sportline. Also consided an Enyaq, but again couldn't make the finance work given my desired spec of an 80X Sportline with a good load of options. Maybe next time...

221 - 240 of 247 Posts