Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am extremely pleased with the car. This is my first Skoda and all the reviews were very good. it's a lovely drive and there is so much room for the whole family. The colour is perfect and everything I expected, although it is in need of a wash after all the rain over the past few days. Performance is good too. Its the first DSG Gearbox I have had experience with and both my wife and I really like the ease of use but the acceleration is there when you need it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks great! - it'll be my first Skoda too and first DSG (or any auto really) - I'm interested to know specifically about your experience with the DSG and acceleration: i've noticed a lot of comments recently about lag when putting the foot down/pulling out at roundabouts, and wondered if you'd had any issue? it doesn't sound like its a concern for you...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had seven automatic XTrails (new shape 1.6 diesel being my current model) - the Kodiaq Edition will be my first Skoda (hopefully in two weeks time - ordered February 2nd). The XTrail too had lag but when you get used to it everything was fine. My reason for changing, as stated in previous forum topics, is my uncertainty on the way that diesel engines are going to pan out with various threats of legislation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm quite happy with the DSG and the lag for me is not a real issue. For me, it is something to get used to as it is only really noticeable when you put your floor to the floor and the gearbox drops a gear. The power is there to accelerate fairly quickly but I haven't really noticed it on roundabouts as I haven't used many yet. I also like the fact that the car will slowly move forward or reverse without actually using the accelerator, my wife also finds this very useful when in slow traffic or reversing out of a parking space. It is still early days for me but I am very pleased with this car and enjoying the driving experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts