Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Im new to the forums and also new to owning a Skoda. I picked up the Kodiaq yesterday and im very pleased so far.

Although, Im having issues with connecting my Nexus 6P cellphone to the car. The phone is charging when i plug it into the USB port in front of the stick but nothing more happenes. The car doesnt seem to recognize my phone. It connected via USB type-c.

Have you had an issue like this and got some tips for me? All suggestions are much appreciated. I'd be pretty bummed out if it doesnt work..

On a sidenote, connecting a iPhone works fine.

Thanks alot

Best regards,
Niklas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kthuno said:
Hiya Niklas and welcome!

Have you checked: http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/ ? Also perhaps try a different cable if phone is on the compatible list

And could you please add your location to your profile and a signature with car specs.

Thanks.
Hi and thanks. Yes, and my phone isnt supported according to that, however my iphone 6 isnt supported either, and that one works. Made me wonder about the authentisity of the list..

Location and signature done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Might be a silly question but have you downloaded the androidauto app?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some cables can be power only. It would be worth making sure you have a data cable..
The Nexus line are vanilla android so if Nexus 5 is on the compatibility list then it should be ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plodd said:
Might be a silly question but have you downloaded the androidauto app?
Yes, its downloaded. The app should start to configure a new car when I plug it in, but nothing happens there either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gloucskodi said:
Some cables can be power only. It would be worth making sure you have a data cable..
The Nexus line are vanilla android so if Nexus 5 is on the compatibility list then it should be ok.
I thought about that and have tried 2 different cables, one of them being the cable i use to transfer 4K video from my GoPro to desktop with. Might buy another one and test it some more

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AndyH said:
MegaNiklas said:
On a sidenote, connecting a iPhone works fine.
Perfect excuse to upgrade to an iPhone - car and phone worries sorted!
I actually have an iPhone i use aswell, but i like Android Auto more than Carplay.. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a Nexus 6P and Android Auto works absolutely fine. Did you click the "app" button on the car after connecting?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Odd. I never had to install APK mirror. My Nexus 6p works just fine with Android Auto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts