Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all
Just having a look in the boot of my Kodiaq and hoping people could help me. Few questions, to make it easier mine is a 7 seater with spare tyre:

1. Under the floor is my spare tyre and the extra bits all sit on top of that, such as the jack. All looks to be there but towards the left is a big square hole with nothing in it? Am i missing something in there or should it be empty?
2. The two little storage compartments to the left and right corners of the boot. On the left side I have a plastic wall to it which I think can be removed, but on the right hand side there is no plastic wall. So if I lift up the boot floor i can see straight into where the netting is kept. Should I have a plastic wall there?
3. I have found two pieces of plastic in the boot and i can for the life of me work out where they have come from. They are both shaped like a long rectangle but split in the middle, a bit like you could fold them if you wanted to and they have velcro on the edge. Any ideas?

Thanks all

·
Registered
95 Posts
answer to point 3
these are sticky thingies that attach to the boot carpet to prevent things sliding around

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome.
Yes I can help.
1.On the left is the big square hole on some sort of plasticky/foam?
If so I think that may be were the compressor lives if you do't have a spare. I have a spare so don't have the compressor & gunge.
2. Not in mine.
3. I think they may be loosely known as boot tidies. I have never seen them & I don't have them, but from you description they sound as though they are boot tidies. if you have a box in the boot you can place these bits on the corners of the box with the velcro gripping the boot carpet and they are meant to stop the box sliding about.
Hope that helps.
Sharms message overtook mine in the ether. So at least we agree!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah perfect thanks both.

1. Yes Colin it is on the plastic foam things where everything sits in. I did wonder about the compressor but as you say as I have the spare it makes sense why I don't have one there.
2. Great, so that is clearly just how it is designed then if you don't have anything there either. Assuming you mean you also can see straight into this compartment if you pull up your boot floor?
3. Ahhhh that would make sense, as they seem to be designed so that you can bend them so to create a hold for a box etc would seem right. Where do they live normally though? I swear I have never seen them before. Very odd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The boot tidies should fit perfectly in a cut out of the foam around the spare wheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swindiaq said:
The boot tidies should fit perfectly in a cut out of the foam around the spare wheel
Whereabouts? Could you describe where you mean? Do the go horizontally? Vertically? Etc

·
Registered
421 Posts
House said:
Swindiaq said:
Whereabouts? Could you describe where you mean? Do the go horizontally? Vertically? Etc
I'm sure mine were in a long thin cut out bit in the foam that ran across the boot. I keep them with the nets in the pocket on the left as I find them useful.

Colin, do you really not have these? Do you have nets? I didn't order these as an extra.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hugh,
I haven't really looked to honest. Since all I carry in my boot is two hounds. I never lift the boot floor.I think I may have seen a net lurking in the right hand rear boot pocket. But I have a couple left over from my Yeti days.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is where one of the boot tidies goes, the other is in the same place on the opposite side

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Swindiaq said:
Here is where one of the boot tidies goes, the other is in the same place on the opposite side
Perfect thank you. Will check that out tomorrow. Also can see the bit to the edge too and see there is no side plastic wall for you either where the net goes thanks all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
House said:
Swindiaq said:
Perfect thank you. Will check that out tomorrow. Also can see the bit to the edge too and see there is no side plastic wall for you either where the net goes thanks all.
No side wall in there on mine either, leaves my first aid kit with room to shuffle out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts