Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

How do you know that your car has an alarm without doing anything violently on your bear?

What should I see in car settings?

Best regards, Roman

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
All Kodiaqs have an alarm, but some have interior monitoring which is easier to know if you have it (button inside the interior to turn it off). I guess you could try lock the car with the windows open and press the locking button on the central console or the start/stop button without the key in range?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wait until there's a thunder storm and if it doesn't wake you up then it doesn't have an alarm.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Zach said:
All Kodiaqs have an alarm, but some have interior monitoring which is easier to know if you have it (button inside the interior to turn it off).
There isn't a button on the Kodiaq .. you turn off interior monitoring via the infotainment. (which is bit more of a faff as it's either always on or off until you manually change the settings again.)
There is a small red flashing light on the drivers door which indicates the alarm is active.
To test just leave your kid's or dog inside and set the alarm with interior monitoring on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
H2UBS said:
Zach said:
All Kodiaqs have an alarm, but some have interior monitoring which is easier to know if you have it (button inside the interior to turn it off).
There isn't a button on the Kodiaq .. you turn off interior monitoring via the infotainment.
The physical button is on the lower level of the driver B pillar...

·
Registered
617 Posts
H2UBS said:
To test just leave your kid's or dog inside and set the alarm with interior monitoring on.
Works with adults too.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Get out, reach inside Drivers B pillar (as above) press button ONCE, shut door lock it. Voila!
I put the dog in this morning before I unlocked the car (you can do that via the tailgate as latter not connected to door locks). Stared talking to neighbour, forgot about unlocking, dog moved alarm went off.
It resets to default 'full alarm' every time you unlock the door.
Assuming you have the 'Connect App' on your phone you will get an email (and on your main computer of course) telling you that the alarm has been triggered. All clever stuff!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Style is equivalent to SE L over here, so if you have no alarm it must be down to regional differences. Obviously you are all much more honest than we Brits and you simply don't break into/steal cars over there? :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Get out, reach inside Drivers B pillar (as above) press button ONCE, shut door lock it. Voila!
I thought I was cracking-up when I read this ! How odd !

I've just checked again and my car does not have a button on the drivers B Pillar .. Different engine and mines only got 5 seats but is an SEL , as yours Colin..

Have they just forgotten to fit it ?? Curiouser and curiouser.

·
Registered
181 Posts
romanv said:
I have MY2018 and there is no pillar B button :(

I am attaching screenshot of settings. Is something missing?
The interior monitoring option relates to the alarm .. so you must have one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nope, no button on the B pillar in my Kodiaq. I have the full Kessy alarm system.
Can anyone verify that there should be a button? Or not?

JoHn

·
Registered
56 Posts
So you haven't tried the alarm?
I just locked the car while sitting in it. I then moved around and the alarm went off. Got an email and a phone notification that the alarm had gone off as well.

Still disappointed that I don't have the magic button. With three kids it would be great to be able to disable the motion detector when I have the kids in the car instead of turning it off completely.

JoHn

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check my second post of this thread. There is a pic. Maybe you have to disable monitor interrior?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I can disable it in the infotainment system. But then it is always off. I would like to have it on but only disable it occasionally. That is not possible without the button.

JoHn

·
Registered
181 Posts
magmyra said:
Yes, I can disable it in the infotainment system. But then it is always off. I would like to have it on but only disable it occasionally. That is not possible without the button.

JoHn
I feel a letter to the Chief Exec's Office coming .. the button is 'Simply Clever' .. not having it is 'Simply C**p' !

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
That really is very odd.
I suggest you contact your dealer ASAP!.
If the only way to turn of the interior sensor is by going into the system, that is ludicrous.
Do let us all know on this thread when you have an answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I picked up my car, the sales guy was running through the checklist of extras. When he was to check if an alarm was installed, he automatically started looking for the 'magic button'. Unable to find it, he started looking through the documentation, found a reference to the infotainment setting mentioned in this thread, and checked that my car had this. His conclusion was that 2018 models no longer have the physical button (which I would much rather prefer).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts