Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New here we only collected our Kodiaq on Friday, loving it so far. To save waiting month for delivery we took the car available in the show room which was everyone we wanted and more with one exception NO towbar. Now looking for an aftermarket towbar and can't find one anywhere even the Skoda dealer said they can't get the parts at the moment even though it's shown in the Kodiaq accessories brochure. Has anyone here had a aftermarket towbar fitted and where did you get it from.
We have a 2.0 SEL 190 4 x 4 in silver

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke to Westfalia today who have now put it back to October but Witter said they will have the towbar ready to order in 3 - 4 weeks as it's currently in production

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nescafe84 said:
Spoke to Westfalia today who have now put it back to October but Witter said they will have the towbar ready to order in 3 - 4 weeks as it's currently in production
Did they give you any idea on cost ?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
The official Skoda tow bar should be available - I've got one to be fitted to my Kodiaq

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, the retractable towbar got approval in NZ? And skoda has confirmed that you can retrofit one after delivery?

My dealer (in oz) suggested that we might be able to do that here too. not 100% yet though. last time i checked (a week ago), it still hadn't been approved. fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
The retractable towbar is a factory fit option here, however, it's 50mm and not 1 7/8" - that's the one I'm getting as a dealer fit OEM accessory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tauranga dealer said towbar should be available next week, they fitted one last week as a trial. Just in time for my Kodiaq which should be in the country on the 6th August.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Kiwi Kodiaqer said:
Tauranga dealer said towbar should be available next week, they fitted one last week as a trial. Just in time for my Kodiaq which should be in the country on the 6th August.
Is it detachable?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes has a removable toungue. My Kodiaq is ready on Monday. Cant wait ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Can you please send me a pic once you got it? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Aye? On my contract it had $1200 for the towbar fitted...

Would you be able to PM me the deets?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are there any complications with getting an aftermarket towbar fitted in terms of electrics? Does anything need to be coded in etc?

·
Registered
114 Posts
exSantaFe said:
Are there any complications with getting an aftermarket towbar fitted in terms of electrics? Does anything need to be coded in etc?
I would assume that installation of an aftermarket TB would be a whole lot easier if the car has been prepared for it. The K in the Style trim (at least here in DK) has that as standard. IIRC is about the wiring and battery size.
Not sure if anyone has actually tried this on here yet though...

·
Registered
617 Posts
In the UK, there's a £185 option in the configurator called "towbar preparation" which puts the electrics in. I don't know how much it'll cost or how easy or difficult it is, to put this in after the car is built and delivered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ordered my Kodiaq with the tow bar prep option. looking on the net for about £300 I can buy a detachable tow bar. (Euro towbars)
just means pulling the rear bumper apart to fit and cutting a chunk out of it!
on the Yeti there was an option to buy a plastic cover for where you cut the hole. No idea if they do the same for the Kodiaq, I see a trip to the agents soon to establish!
but as they arte not scheduled to build it till mid October no real need to rush.

maybe by then the dealers will of got some experience of fitting tow bars!

I couldn't bring myself to pay £850 for a towbar !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I spoke to dealer here in Ireland about getting it fitted when I collected mine. I was quoted about €1100 not including VAT. About 350 of that was labour. The adblue tank has to be drained and removed too apparently.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts